1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need bobcat/sitting form help!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mtbehm, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

Been trying to figure this out for three and a half hours this morning and im stumped. I have a bobcat sitting form and I cannot figure out how to fit the back legs on. It is ventral skinned with no cuts up the legs. Do I need to cut up the legs to get it to fit on the back legs? please help before I loose my mind. Thanks, Matt

2. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

I have done a sitting fox with out having any cuts at all axcept for dorsal and leg relief cuts at the ancles.

I would sew up the ventral incision and make a dorsal one making sure my relief cuts where deep enough...worst form pose to mount in the world but one of the best looking IMO when all done...you can also try leaving one rear leg unattached till you get the skin on as well.

3. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

I believe I definately have the relief cuts deep enough, its just Im having trouble with how to tuck it,(not make it look so bunched up. Do I try to slide it all the way up the leg like if it was straight or just tuck it in and not worry about it going around the part of the inner leg not visible?

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Another option is to remove the legs, insert them in the skin, and reattach them to the form.

5. Cut them in half at the waist with a V. Mount the front then the back and reattach the form inside the skin. For the back legs, cut the skin from just above the heel, up the back of the leg to about 5 inches below the tail. Once the leg skin is in place you can sew that cut and tuck it into your back leg form cuts like you made in the picture. I've done a fair share of sitting life-sizes and they can be tough but you'll get it.