1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2nd bobcat critiques please

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mtbehm, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mtbehm

mtbehm New Member

just finishing up my second bobcat and figured Id get some critiques while it is still workable. Thanks, Matt

Attached Files:

2. AJH

AJH Member

Good job. I'm not a cat guy, but I would drop the cats left ear down, symetrical with the other and backbrush or fluff it up from behind with some compressed air.

3. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

Everything should flow smooth on the mount. That neck hair doesn't look right to me,maybe its just the way it was combed,maybe someone should elaborate.

4. Closing the top eyelid some will look better.

5. that left ear still seems off, it should match the other. if its not dry yet, bring the ears up a bit also. other then that it looks good aside from painting.

6. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

Yes you can do finish work without an airbrush, in my opinion it is harder to get a softer look and depth without one. Get a good reference pic and slide it into a spare sheet protector or put plastic wrap over it and mix your paint until you get a color that matches and suits you.

7. ScorpionHill60

ScorpionHill60 New Member

Oh man, that body is all wrong. Study some pics.

8. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Great spots on that cat!

Almost seems like the face 'cheek' tuffs are pulled down on the neck or something. Something is off about that neck fur.

9. Running Fox

Running Fox New Member

It looks like you have a too-small head form. The cheek tufts should be on the cheeks, not the neck.