1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where to find medium corn cob grit

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by mimes, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mimes

mimes New Member

Looking to buy some medium corn cob grit, but having trouble locating it in any of my catalogs. Changed my tumbler out with the fine stuff that McKenzie sells, but do not like the way the really fine stuff sticks inside the feather tracks. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I finally went to my local dealer.Well it's an hour away but worth the money you save in shipping a 50 pound bag. The place I went was called Abrasives Spokane.They supply various types of grit for sand blasting and metal cleaning and all kinds of stuff I never knew existed.

3. I recently ordered a 40# bag of corcob grit from drillspot. Shipping speed was amazing and FREE! I am new to tumbling but it seems to do the trick They have a variety of grit sizes.

You might check them out. http://www.drillspot.com/products/499763/econoline_526020g-40_40_lbs_blast_media

4. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Reasearch has the stuff i use.

5. tails up

tails up New Member

Check and see if you have a Grainger Industrial Supply in your area. That's where I get mine and they will deliver it to their store for pickup at no charge, they list it as a blasting media.

6. mimes

mimes New Member

Thanks guys......I will start checking those that have been suggested.