1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't buy from L D Barrows traping supplies,Jessiac Barrow [email protected]

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by *, Feb 14, 2013.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

L D Barrow trapping Supplies 2093 State Route 2014 Clifford PA 18470 Phone Number 570-222-2510. They go by the name ldb here but will most likey change their member name. After returning the bad coyote's to them for my refund they will not answer the phone, or emails or Pm.s here or massages on Facebook sent the them. Don't send these people a dime, You'll regret every dealing with them, I do.

LOST $350.00 I will write if off and move on.....

Even the nose has sliiped, ears sliipped both eyes slipped in the mail 2 days this was sold rotten to me.

I sell only tanned and always will. this site draws every tom and harry that thinks they know how to take care of skins.

Baloney

Attached Files:

• three.jpg
      three.jpg
      File size:
      89.3 KB
      Views:
    • two.jpg
      two.jpg
      File size:
      95.2 KB
      Views:
  2. *

Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

one more

Attached Files:

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      File size:
      119.7 KB
      Views:

3. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Okay I've got a question for you then. I normally don't deal with sending frozen capes or animals. However I have a rather rare pure blonde rock chuck (marmot) that I would like to sale in the lower 48. It had only been dead an hour when I wrapped it in plastic and put it in the deep freeze. It hasn't been out since. What would be the best method to mail this item without it spoiling before arrival so a guy like you wouldn't be upset? I'm asking you because I respect your opinion and quality taxidermy work you so consistently produce.

4. *

freez it solid qwap in insulation 4 inches thick and sent it usps priority mail 2-3 day it wil arrived unthawed and cold. These were cold just unthawed but were sold rotten to begon with.

5. ds8466

ds8466 Coyote Assassin

If it only took 2 days then there's no way that thing wasn't slipping before they mailed it. Bad deal.....

6. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Thanks, that was my plan. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Again thank you.

7. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

You got a bad deal off the start. I just bought a gray fox from old60furs and it was perfect. He sent it on a Monday and I got it on Thurs. It was frozen and he wrapped it in 4'' of insulation. It was still frozen when I got it.

8. gab

gab Active Member

do not put a warm animal in a plastic bag and drop it in freezer.chill it first,then wrap it and freeze it.the plastic will hold in the body heat and the animal will start to rot before it starts to freeze.may not be a huge deal with a smaller animal but can really cause problems with ungutted or longer haired specimens.
    washing it in cold water is one good way to break down body heat fast

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I like to flash freeze freshly skinned out animals. Simply lay out flat in the top of the freeze overnight. Next morning fold or roll it up and let the freezing process continue. One must remember that whatever part is in the inner most part is going to be the last to freeze and the last to thaw and vise versa. And use Stop Rot for Christ sakes.

10. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

I can seem to get it through peoples thick skulls about laying flat and freeze. I keep telling them never roll in a ball and freeze. But here they come back from a hunt and their hides are rolled up in the tightest balls,neatly packed, normally head first. I have a boar that is wraped so tight that it has been out for 6 days and the outer layer is all that is thawed. That tells me it took atleast 6 days before the cold ever got to the middle and probably another three until it froze.

11. ldb

ldb New Member

NEPA

Did you contact the person whose coyote that is? Also can you please post more pics of this one. I would like to see more pictures of the full coyote.. ears & legs & also any misperfections in the fur also did they even bother doing anything else to it such as split the lips tail feet or ears and how was that?.. Thank you

12. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

So Dennis the old saying "One man's junk is another man's treasure" doesn't apply to taxidermy? LOL that thing looks like it sat outside for a month! I have been taking it a step further and only selling the higher priced items turned, fleshed and salted. So many people on here haven't a clue these days.........not saying I know everything cause I'm just an auto mechanic who dabbles in taxidermy but at least if I see that items leave my place with no chance of spoiling I know what they will arrive like

13. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

I bet if you look there are snare marks on that coyote's neck. I'll take it a step further and say that the trapper checks his traps once a week wether they need checked or not ;-)

14. ldb

ldb New Member

NEPA

Dennis I am trying to figure out how someone with such credibility on this site can & would bring this about this way & post all this even though the yote in your picture is not the coyote I sent. Can someone have mixed something up in your shiop or traded them out? Seriously I am praying this really isn't a con game of some sorts being I am a newbie on here. I may be new on here but we ship & are well known nationally. We have never had any issues with any business deals or transactions. Our business is to date is 100% Kosher. There is too much against what you claim. You said the dark one is okay. But would not provide a picture of it when asked. Being they were frozen the same amount of time & harvested the same weekend how is it that the blond has all kinds of crazy damage but the other didn't? I am confused. There is way too much evidence that will prove this is not the coyote shipped to you. Not even by a long shot.

As adults by publically trying to basha seller on here even without putting my name directly on the post is still hurtful all the same. You were completely unkind & unprofessional. I am astonished being others have seen a better side of you. Would have been nice to have seen that too. Unfortunately I am left with a very bad taste in my mouth. Resolving this not publiclally would have been swell but apparently publically is what you wished.

Also when & if they are shipped back to me properly I will be able to immediately put an end to this. there are a couple easy ways to 100% figure this out which I can't wait to do. If my coyotes are returned in the shape they were shipped you will recieve a 100% REFUND IMMDIATELY. I am just very saddened & disappointed by this. I have been hours reviewing every step & possible situation. I keep a detailed log book of everything that comes & goes from this place. and besides this not being my coyote I cannot see any other explanation.

[​IMG]

Many may know us from other forums. we do not bull or play games. also the evidence speaks for itself. Please rethink all this & it would have been better for you if you didn't post this publically. i tried being nice to you even though i was furious. then I settled down figured I give a chance to have this cleared up. But then I see this posted.. I will put my name to it because I have nothing to hide & have no reason to hide.

What is really up & why all these games? The coyote you recieved is much lighter in color. the fur is different & there isnot a piece of its ear missing>

Please help me understand this!!
    Jess

pic you emailed me:
    [​IMG]

COYOTE MAILED TO YOU:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please check on your end for any possible mishaps..Thank you

15. RTF

RTF Active Member

I'm confused. was the coyote shipped frozen or skinned?

16. *

Your rant is just that a RANT, you sold crap to me. And per your pm yes the black one stinks real bad not because she's a female because it's baterail rot, It's coming back also, Oh it's okay for a FUR BUYER your pics are bull crap the red ones head was soaking wet with slime, Nothing was insulated when sent and the pm you sent OMG could you bring god into it anymore, you must have a right hand seat at the throne.
    You posted your your own name here I didn't till it was to be resolved, your a nutcase. I could care less about your crap coyote's your a fur buyer. I've dealt with plenty before, I got taken this time. I even, since you were a newbie sent the paypal as a gift, I'll never do anything nice again for a newbie and save them paypal fees.So I don't have any recourse. Sent back my money plain and simple if you don't I hope the GOD you mention in every other line in your PM does take notice, Guys this ones a nut case.

You know nothing about how to care for TAXIDERMY SKINS.

AS FOR PUTTING YOUR NAME HERE, I DIDN'T,YOU DID. NOW BLAME ME FOR THIS CRAP . WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS TRULY UNBELIVEBABLE. I'd post the PM's but they woudl be redundant, but are sooooo much longer than these posts.

Your Coyotes will ship back to you Monday. froze and INSULATED. I deal in skins that cost thousands of dollars every week and month ,your coyotes are dimes to me, I'm trying to scam you, really.. that is laughable.

17. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I work for Dennis, I received the box from the postal delivery person, Dennis opened the box within the hour it arrived. I will confirm, they were rotten skins, no other raw coyotes in the shop yesterday but these!

19. ldb

ldb New Member

NEPA

How do you explain the coyote in your pictures not matching the coyote sent to you> where did the white Go where did the black mascara line go around the eye & how did a chunk of the ear dissapear?
    That is where I am baffled. If somehow it got ruined when I shipped it to you I will be contacting the postal service for the insurance claim. As I said If you send me back what I sent to you I have no quelms about it.

The coyotes mailed were 100%. they weren't even dead that long & our temp here was under 20 degrees that weekend & the yotes were never near any form of heat. My husband has been working with furs for well over 35 years. & we have a spotless reputation with clients/ fellow businessmen & the Game Commision.

it just not adding up.
    The big & easiest question is Where did the chunk in the ear in the coyote you have posted come from? how can the ear on the coyote in your pic have longer course fur & the one I sent you have very short fuzzy soft fur in a deep red color?

I put my name on here because I don't have anything to hide & I do not want to see this happen to someone else. Because it is just plain not right.

20. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

where are your pics of the skinned coyote you shipped? a fresh killed animal looks alot different than one that is skinned out. Got to figure the blood will darken the lighter parts of the fur till it is washed out. hence why the nose is Darker than you on the carcass photo.