1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't buy from L D Barrows traping supplies,Jessiac Barrow [email protected]

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by *, Feb 14, 2013.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Ok, that was scary.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You mean like current events? Got a mirror in your house?

3. I don't think it portrays badly on anyone of us. Actually it is the opposite cause maybe if a few of the scammers happen by here on their way to attempting to scam us they might think twice. After they see we are resourceful and can and will find out anything we can about a person. And we hold grudges so we will eventually get our due. But that is just my opinion. As you have yours.

4. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

As a current buyer on this fine forum (just picked up some 1980's American Taxidermist lmagazines from RedRick-what fantastic service!) the first thing I do is check out the profile and or reviews. Any negative feed back steers me away from the buy. I've seen enough feedback re: this seller to steer me away. If I had a customer unhappy with a purchase I would immediately refund his money EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT CORRECT just to avoid this bad publicity. This has done more harm than $350 worth of skins (IMHO).

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The pot calling the kettle black. Current events stinks this site up worse than all of the post in all of the other categories combined.

6. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

LMAO

But that's the best " Coyote medicine" over on my end. Wow and page 17 to boot! Maybe the MD anti gun bill crap package will die now. God=Dog. 17 is my number, Coyote my trickster totem guy. It's cracking me up! Nothing like rotten coyotes, anti gun crap, and the #17... ( hey let's start talking guns in here- you like the PS90?)

( doing my best to look as nutty as possible, as per taxi-net "rules", since "crazy" runs deep among artists)

7. Low T is just supporting the person that's in the right, in this situation. I see nothing wrong with that. And really, the more this thread gets bumped to the top, the more bad publicity the "seller" (if you want to use that term) gets. That's good, in my book.

8. Couldn't agree more. The more bad publicity the seller gets the more business she loses.

So keep arguing in here so this gets even more hits.

9. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

so where does it all stand, don`t want to read all the pages. were the coyotes returned? was a refund issued? I`ve been in a few disputes, luckily never more than $35 total so was no problem I just gave them their money back and took the bite even tho I was sure I
    was in the right. one thing I learned way back in the stome age was never sell other trappers animals as they let them lay and swear fresh, you say ok, then re-sell and have to take the bite when trapper #1 lied or was too ignorant to know taxidermy quality vs fur market quality. I bet that is what happened here and the seller doesn`twant to take the loss. but you have to do what you have to do if you want to stay in biz. I think most folks are basically honest and will do right. I trust the same end here, even if it dod go around the barn 100 times first. I know when folks start talking bibles and god and religion I think jimmy baker et.al.

10. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

BOB

Yes the coyotes were frozen and returned. JYB finally refunded half the money. She claims that the coyotes were not the ones she shipped.

11. I have a question. How has that worked out for you Bob? You know just refunding people their money when they receive a bad hide? Do you still continue to get business? I am just wondering cause I think lbd has ruined her business so I am wondering if by not ARGUING, and Not CALLING SOMEONE A LIAR, and just REFUNDING the money pretty much what you do. Has that worked to make you a successful fur seller on here.

(By the way I know the answer to my questions, I just hope ldb reads this to see how a true professional handles their business.)

Bob doesn't argue about it, if someone says its bad he refunds the money. Unlike lbd whom seems to think it is ok to keep half the money after he returned the whole product. This is why Bob has a successful business on here and lbd will never be anything more than a lying cheating scumbag piece of crap.

12. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Correction Elmer, she said she might refund half the money but I fact as not refunded anything. She has sent me several rambling crazy emails that ready like some warped novel, demanding I remove this post and that something has to be done about this guy (Dennis)

Well until Dennis is made whole again and either sent the same type (color) of coyotes in perfect condition at her cost including the shipping he was out returning them

Or

Is refunded 100% of the cost of the coyotes including ALL SHIPPING cost.

The post stays and I encourage people to cross post to other sites and trapper forms.

I have stayed largely silent on this but this is CRAZY and this woman in nuts. These are coyotes not tigers and Dennis over paid for this type of Yote to start with!!

Before this post was even made she sent me a 200,000 word email rambling on about how Dennis was screwing her and sent me photos of the bloody Yote. I told her then and there that it was the same animal. I was and am 1,000,000% positive it was the same Yote and explained to her I have done this professionally as an expert whiteness in several cases in several states.. The whiskers and other indicating factors are like a human finger print and are un disputable. I told her right then and there she needed to make a refund. And here are 17 pages later.

Jessica you have hurt you and your husbands business more then you will ever know. This thread will show up on a google search for 20 years......long, long, long after you two are drove out of business and the rest of us start paying for your welfare checks.

Jessica If you have one little micron of dignity or honesty left in your body... Do the write thing apologies and refund the money. But I am not holding my breath because they probably surgically removed your conscience in you last "hospital stay"

Best of luck, you are going to need it!

Mike

13. bob wendt

elmer, it has worked pretty good. first rule is sell only fresh items handled right and shipped right, like pre-froze box and all, mondays only, watch for blizzards or other issues that could delay delivery. I did refuse to refund on a $2 (that`s right TWO DOLLAR) penis bone a guy claimed it was a coyote bone and not a badger bone. it was a badger bone. been maybe 5-6 years ago on here. the guy went nuts and the more nuts he went the crazier it got. one other time
    I refused a refund on a cheap low grade coyote cape. small money to start with. if he had made a stink I`d a refunded him too but he dropped it so maybe he was at fault. had to refund on a skunk ,and a red fox, and maybe an item or two I`ve forgot. but that`s ouit of what, maybe 5,000 sales on here? so just write it off as standard loss acceptable.

14. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    WOW! I am so glad I didn't buy these yotes, thought about it but decided they were too high priced. After having lost $750 to Bob Sloan on here last August I would have been on their doorstep by now, close enough to do this time. Just refund the man his full purchase, it is the right thing to do. Put your emotions aside, they have little place in business anyway. As for either party doing anything with the great USPS fraud department, you are blowing smoke up your own butts. File your claims and then listen to the silence.

15. bob wendt

THAT`S THE TRUTH.

16. If I'm not mistaken from the trapping community they might be using that name ILLEGALLY also? Still checking on trapping websites. Its now on Nehunt.com. also.

17. The husband is on the HuntingPA forum. There are pictures posted over there too of his wife. Looks to me like this is indeed them, not someone using their name.

18. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

FCO WHATS THEIR NAMES ON HUNTING PA SITE?

19. flyguy is the only one I've seen them under.