1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't buy from L D Barrows traping supplies,Jessiac Barrow [email protected]

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by *, Feb 14, 2013.

1. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

looks like they were in the 40's the week before. This is for scranton PA. dont know exactly where you are though.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KAVP/2013/2/16/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

2. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio

Mrs. Jessica, this whole thing is silly...

Please go back to the first page where you compared the ears. Now look very closely, if you understand anything about canine ear anatomy, you will...

# 1. Notice that the arrow pointing to the fresh coyote is pointing to the top edge of the ear (the straight part), while the arrow pointing to the rotten skin is pointing to the lower bottom edge of the ear (the part that has the secondary ear cartilage).

Now for the best part...

# 2. What you are referring to as a "notch" missing from the ear is actually where the wide tuft of the the cheek fur meets the base of the ear. LOOK very closely, you will notice that due to the way the skin is laying, the ear is stretched back and most of it is actually out of sight in the corner of the picture.

There you go, there is no chunk missing out of the ear, and hopefully when Mr. Dennis takes more pictures tommorow, it will show that I'm right.

So it probably is in fact the same coyote, and I doubt you or your husband did anything wrong, if you bought it from a fur buyer then you had zero control over how it was handled before you received it. It was probably very close to slipping and you judt didn't know it. It happens all the time with fur bearers, they are quite delicate and many factors are involved that cause them to suddenly fall apart.

3. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

Bryan I just looked at the temps for Mon-Wed in my area of PA, west central, the low temp only got below 20 one day while this package was being shipped. Monday, less than an hour before this package was picked up, we hit our high of 56. That's a far cry from 20.

4. ldb

ldb New Member

NEPA

so someone sends you a pic of an animal that now has a chunk taken out of the ear along with a number of other MAJOR differences that can be seen in the pic. gets nasty when you tryt o resolve & I am suppose to hand over a bunch of money. That is just insane.. use your heads. The money isn't going any where I know what was mailed and whatever coyote is in the pic isn't matvhing up. Besides the fact that blondes are not a rare item. we get 2 or 3 every year.
    Your right it isn't just about the money in is about morals & ethics & if any company just started sending money to people who just say whatever about a product sent they may just close shop. If the pics added up & I wasn't dealt with so unprofessionally I would have more reason to trust him.. I have worked professionally with very high levels of money & professionals.. That is not how a business is run.

THis is just too funny... many on here are good honest people. I was told the pi was my coyote then when proven it wasn't all of a sudden the story changed that the 2 coyotes in the pictures aren't the same & I sent something different.. then I am told it was sent out rotten which did not & cannot even be possible. So you all are saying this is alrite? and kosher.. I think not. Put yourself in my shoes. new to this site or not I am not an idiot nor am I new to business ethics. If I ran a business the way you are all telling me too that would be insane. Amazing how we have an impeccable record and overly happy customers with never ever haiving a complaint or issue. The one time we do nothing is even coming close to be handled or treated professionally. the only evidence in hand is showing a completely different animal than was shippe & now the guy is going to ruin the other perfectly good hide when there is no way to show at this point i the other was thawed when he recieved the product..

I know if i bought something & it was supposedly as bad as this I would have taken many many more pics before refreezing them. and would have not turned nasty when the seller agreed to accept them back & reimburse. it is the games & the way he handles the situation from there that is even more unprofessional & very unethical. Which makes me proceed on the side of caution. Which is good business sense. Nothing else. & I already said if I was wrong I would humbly apologize.. but if he ruins the 2 nd coyote I cannot in good conscience reimburse him for that one. being he is choosing to ruin a beautiful rare speciman to prove nothing being she was mountable & usable. Look I really don't see why this is difficult.

He is unhappy with the product.. he returns it.. If all is as hes says it is he gets his reimbursement.. that is how business's & reimbursements work. If he just decided he didn't like it or changed his mind.. same thing.. send it back, If I recieve the product in question with no issues than He gets his money back asap..

This really isn't a new concept.

5. ldb

ldb New Member

NEPA

Jen I agree. We have shipped & frozen and worked with furs for years never ever has one defrosted that quickly. But I did not say that it isn't posiible (was trying to keep an open mind) But the pictures he sent show a coyote with longer haie way more black in the ears & throughout (my coyote had very very short tight soft fuzzy ears. Also the one in the pic has a huge piece missing my coyote didn't. So by these pics I could not in good conscience just send money back.. if it was different there wouldn't be a problem. When I asked for better pics so that I may be able to get a better idea & see the whole animal he refuse & not so nicely. That is why i am forced to wait for the return of the product in question.

As soon I reieve it again if it is as he told me there is no issue. he gets a full refund. but instead of allowing anything to be settled he has been very unprofessioanl in his responses & actions. I will not nor do I want any money or anything else from ill gotten gains. He thought it was shipped already very rotten & slipping. I knw for a fact it wasn't the coyote has not been deceased very long & has spent over a week in the freezer. I don't see why anyone would be going off so bad when if what he is saying is true I am the only one losing out. being I will be out of a yote & have nothing to show for it.. I once watched a guy bend a trowel himself at a show directly in front of us as he slammed it a couple of times on concrete.. he brought it over saying I cant buy this it bent on concrete... We gave him his money baclk instantly & just shook our heads. Even though rightfully we did not have to. I am not one to blow smoke but I will run my company as a propper business. If his first emails were actually normal & not nasty & his story didn't keep chamgimg I would be able to send a deposit right away. But I am forced due to logic & what I know to be true to just wait & see when I recieve the yote in question. as would many many other businesses in this world in my position. When 2 +2 is not coming out to a clean 4 I am forced to just wait to recieve the item back. I am sure many of you on here have done the same thing. Waiting for a returned item to then send the reimbursement is not a new concept. & If I planned on hiding anything , I wouldn't still be here trying to get this resolved. But I do want to handle this the best & most honest way.

6. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

so someone sends you a pic of an animal that now has a chunk taken out of the ear along with a number of other MAJOR differences that can be seen in the pic. gets nasty when you tryt o resolve & I am suppose to hand over a bunch of money. That is just insane.. use your heads. The money isn't going any where I know what was mailed and whatever coyote is in the pic isn't matvhing up. Besides the fact that blondes are not a rare item. we get 2 or 3 every year.
    Your right it isn't just about the money in is about morals & ethics & if any company just started sending money to people who just say whatever about a product sent they may just close shop. If the pics added up & I wasn't dealt with so unprofessionally I would have more reason to trust him.. I have worked professionally with very high levels of money & professionals.. That is not how a business is run.

Obviously you haven't due to the fact of the way you are handling this situation.

THis is just too funny... many on here are good honest people. I was told the pi was my coyote then when proven it wasn't all of a sudden the story changed that the 2 coyotes in the pictures aren't the same & I sent something different.. then I am told it was sent out rotten which did not & cannot even be possible. So you all are saying this is alrite? and kosher.. I think not. Put yourself in my shoes. new to this site or not I am not an idiot nor am I new to business ethics. If I ran a business the way you are all telling me too that would be insane. Amazing how we have an impeccable record and overly happy customers with never ever haiving a complaint or issue. The one time we do nothing is even coming close to be handled or treated professionally. the only evidence in hand is showing a completely different animal than was shippe & now the guy is going to ruin the other perfectly good hide when there is no way to show at this point i the other was thawed when he recieved the product..

Not on this site you don't. You might on some imaginary site that none of us are members on but here your image and reputation are slowly going out the window with the way you are treating this.

I know if i bought something & it was supposedly as bad as this I would have taken many many more pics before refreezing them. and would have not turned nasty when the seller agreed to accept them back & reimburse. it is the games & the way he handles the situation from there that is even more unprofessional & very unethical. Which makes me proceed on the side of caution. Which is good business sense. Nothing else. & I already said if I was wrong I would humbly apologize.. but if he ruins the 2 nd coyote I cannot in good conscience reimburse him for that one. being he is choosing to ruin a beautiful rare speciman to prove nothing being she was mountable & usable. Look I really don't see why this is difficult.

Even though you are the one who told hime to send them BOTH back.

He is unhappy with the product.. he returns it.. If all is as hes says it is he gets his reimbursement.. that is how business's & reimbursements work. If he just decided he didn't like it or changed his mind.. same thing.. send it back, If I recieve the product in question with no issues than He gets his money back asap..

This really isn't a new concept.

7. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

All the slime and dirt washed off...If I here ......

.....one more time that this is nit the coyote you sent in a dissertation that is pages long and has god in it every other sentence I'll be the one contacting an attorney and the U S Postal Service about mail fraud that's a felony.
    I'm done with your BS and the posts here. You and your husband are nuts. I've lost enough time over this and that translates into more money out of my pocket.

You've already shown your true colors here.

I'm done being nice about this....

More pictures here....

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg567/TheArtistryofWildlife/Rotten_red_coyote/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Attached Files:

8. *

Attached Files:

9. *

Attached Files:

10. *

Attached Files:

11. *

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg567/TheArtistryofWildlife/Rotten_red_coyote/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Click this link,click on pictures and you'll get a REAL good look with high resolution large files..

I'm done with you, do you need some salt for your crow.

I'm beyond being pissed, and everyone of your posts refers to me lying IF your telling the truth. That's as much as calling someone a liar as anything.

Everyone here, I'll never see my money, I already no this.
    BUYER beware at least is wasn't done to someone that is in financial way that they would really hurt, I thank god that my business is successful enough that I can absorb the loss. I would hate to have seen this happen to a young person saving money for a coyote for a while then get burned.

I'll ship these Monday and let the whole Taxidermy.net Family know what happens.

DENNIS

12. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

Wow look at that in those pics after we was cleaned up he looks like the exact same coyote in your pics. Problem solved. No chunk out of ear, Black line is slightly there, everything seems to be in order. Lets see you rebutt this one.

13. *

2202 hits in less than 48 hours, I think you need to start trying to rebuild your reputation at this moment.

Thanks Daniel M, I'm glad I could show you your right on both of your points for the ear young man. Your eyes are a marvel to me and your talent.

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

oooopps. Somebody got some apologizing to do.

15. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

Jess,

If you are a person of your word and of GOD then you will refund the money and move on. Also I would like to see you APOLOGIZE due to the act of calling these men liars and crooks. It will be the only way to try to rebuild your rep on here. You have really turned what could have been a very profitable venture for your company into a nightmare. Most of us taxidermists are a hard nosed bunch of people and when you screw one yuo burn it into our heads that you are not a trust worthy person.

Your main faults were:
    1) if the customer cancelled the order you would refund the money but if the yote was bad you won't
    no matter where you are from this is asinine If the customer he has cancels the order why are you liable for that. That is his fault he ordered something that his customer didn't want. But if the items doesn't make it to him in the condition you sold it YOU ARE AT FAULT

2) you brought up invalid arguments, that yote is missing a chunk out of its ear, it isn't the same color, the hair is longer, etc
    The ear was laying down. Most of us saw that how did you not? Of course it isn't the same color when it is covered in bacteria and slime. The hair is longer. When the underfur is covered in slime, blood etc, it will make the outer hairs look longer

3) you called him a thief and accused him of doing a bait and switch
    Why would he waste his time, when he has a successful business he can write it off in his taxes as a loss.

I could go on and on at the mistakes you have made in this dealing but to save face your best course of action would be fully refund his money plus what it costs to ship it back to you. Then fully apologize for calling him a Liar and a Thief. And lastly quit arguing moot points. Just apologize and let it go. Then and only then you might be able to rebuild your business on here.

Or the other option is to keep the money say screw you guys and go pray to god about it and see if he will help you rebuild your reputation. Cause if the three things I said above aren't the way you are going to handle this then I know a lot of people on here will be done with you. And the majority of us use the search engine to check on potential sellers and with as many hits as this has gotten it surely will be at the top of the list.

16. smittysinc

smittysinc New Member

Dennis,A GOOD TAXIDERMIST CAN FIX THAT :) :) LOL! DUDE just refund him his money or send him another dog.....I have sold hundreds of raw hides, and yes sometimes customers do not like what they received.I simply refund money or replace it.For what ever reason raw hides sometimes can be a pain to ship?You are always going to have 1 or 2 hides not going to be perfect.This is just the way it is when dealing with raw hides. I will tell you this much I have never see a coyote with that bad of slippage though.I will also tell you that coyotes can carry the highest % of bacteria! :eek: :eek:

17. *

Smitty, I've seen them lose the eyes but NEVER the nose, that's been laying around for weeks before freezing, the nose slip still makes me shake my head...that's bad....

18. Re: I'm DONE buying anything raw here from peolple that think they...

I'd say * deserves a full refund plus, and 1000 apologies, here.

19. Brian M.

Brian M. New Member

Ldb The whole thing in a nut shell is that you blew it. Whatever the facts are in this matter you have completely ruined your creditability on this site. Dennis has been a part of this site a long time, and I cannot ever recall any malicious posts. although I do not personally know him I have read many of his contributions. the scenes I get from him is not one of a person that would go through all this crap just to swindle someone out of a few bucks. not even a few hundred. Although Low T can at time be a bit controversial he to for the most part has demonstrated himself to be a man of integrity.

You have come to this site most likely in hopes of developing a reputation and rapore with the thousands of taxidermist here so you can sell your goods. a sound business idea. However your actions have completely discredited you as a reputable ,or reasonable individual to deal with. hunger is not necessarily a bad thing in the sales world. however starvation is. when one is so desperate that they will create, NO! instigate such a public spectacle. They do far more damage to themselves than they do to anyone else. if I were you I would have long ago graciously refunded the money. It would have done more for you than buying a billboard for advertising. because down the road Dennis would have been standing up on your behalf.

I doubt you will have much luck selling much here now, as most of the buyers will think as I that you are far too immature to reliably deal with. Put this behind you, and use it as part of the learning process. Good luck!

20. grumpa

grumpa Member

Dennis, I've got a coyote for sale. Send lots of cash and I MIGHT send you something. MAYBE. And you better be nice about it or I'll pout. And if you bitch, well I don't know WHAT I'll do. Don't forget, send money soon.