1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I watched Immortalized and.........

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by MidwestBigBucks, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Ron, I base my opinion on actually knowing him, not by some hyped up radio show....of course these guys want ratings.
    Shasta, you said you were geographically close to CJ, and you NEVER heard of him. I was just saying that his dad Charlie has been in business a LONG time, CJ works with his dad, and they put out some kick ass work, and loads of people do know who they are. I'm not looking to fight or argue with anyone, just trying to look out for some friends, who's work was described as a little "off"....and that's just not the case. Is the show a little "different"....yes, but I'm happy these 3 guys got the opportunity. That's all.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. hambone82

hambone82 New Member

I'm curious to see where the show goes.

3. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

I will say I'm happy for them getting a chance to be on a show...just think it would be better if the show where different and didn't talk up the competition hype trash talk. The show is crap and whatever work is on the beginning intro to the show is not all that great, watch it and you will see what I'm talking about, I don't know who's it is exactly (as i said)

4. dannyk

dannyk New Member

I have three words for the show STUPID STUPID STUPID

5. Michael you are freakin killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting strange looks from the wife!. Look if you go on tv you better expect critisism. All of the pounding chests and strutting makes me want to puke literally. Dont go acting like that on National television and expect everyone to like ya. No sense in putting someones work down UNLESS they are braggin about themselves and turning out stuff like that. THEN their settin themselves up. Someone bragging about being the best that does sub par work AT BEST needs some harsh criticism. Dont worry it wont make them think any different of themselves. ;)

6. Huntman

Huntman Guest

MV is on the money. this guy CJ is narsistic and full of himself. It is a taxidermy show, even twisted, however his work is terrible. A racoon holding a beer can? at least Page dressed right. Not like somebody on the corner of crack street.And to the beetle guy in PA.guess you are spot on with supporting your customers.

7. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Excellent show tonight, definitely redeeming from last week. I will watch the show again!

8. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: Re: I watched Immortalized and.........

Same here. From what I'm seeing Paiges work was the best, but the other guys had the appeal tying into the theme for common liking.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Re: Re: I watched Immortalized and.........

X2!

10. Was that the "End of the world" theme one ?

11. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

i enjoyed the show. i only got to see the end of the world episode. Page did a great job representing the taxidermist. And if I were in CJ's shoes, competing against Page Nethercutt, i would know, I had to bring it, and pull out all the stops. thats what is great about the competition. It pushes us to do the best we can. good job guys.

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Couldn't be said any better.

13. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

just like any other reality show you know..........not about taxidermy quality...just the show,glitz and glamour...page kind of screwed that up by doing a "real" comp mount...

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Everybody always says....'I don't give a flying ****!'...... so if I was on the show I'd mount a flying ****. I swear it would be the most accurate flying **** you ever saw. The next time somebody screamed 'I DON'T GIVE A FLYING ****!', you could go to Google and type in 'Michael P.'s Flying ****' and show it to that person and say 'but you should care, this is what a flying **** looks like'...... and that person would be awed and look at their adversary and say 'you know what Billy Bob, I do give a flying ****, it is beautiful'. And the term 'I don't give a flying ****' would finally be put to rest through the art of Taxidermy and the world would be rid of another derogatory saying.

That's what it's all about people, making a better world by giving a flying **** a chance.

15. redog76

redog76 New Member

you guys crack me up!! white power lol

16. Huntman

Huntman Guest

wow. just that statement proves your arrogance.we can all claim 110%. but if you are still believe you are the best, go for it.your taxidermy was crap.and your dad is best in the world. get real.there is a thing called being "humble".seems you have done everything to make yourself a star. narsistic to say the least.

17. redog76

redog76 New Member

I'm being very humble. You are the one trying to start stuff. It was a TV show buddy. Calm down. happy happy happy

18. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

[​IMG]

19. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

my daughter was an extra in the hutterite show. they can edit things to give the attitude and glare from the competitors. ...... im guessing thats what they did here.

20. Huntman- since you are a new user, you obviously created an account to anonymously come here and spout off behind the monitor and keyboard.....

"To the Beetle guy in PA"---wrong again, never did any skull work for CJ, I was merely trying to say something positive about a couple of friends, obviously this is personal to you, you seem very upset with your post.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire