1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I watched Immortalized and.........

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by MidwestBigBucks, Feb 14, 2013.

1. big buck 222

big buck 222 "You can't make chicken soup out of chicken S--T!"

You and Paige did a great job. If somebody is all upset because they weren't picked, screw them. You and your dad are a blast. Hope ya'll come to the Va show. Mark

2. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

The fallout is from the radio interview, not the tv show.

3. That is right Ron.

The show is not the problem, it is the radio interview CJ and Charlie did before the show was aired. CJ has nothing to apologize about the show, But the radio interview is different. First I do not personal know CJ and Charlie, but I do know Page. The things that were said on the Elliot in the morning show about Page are dead wrong, lies if you will. I have talked with Page and he is very upset about the things that were said. Page has not come on here and said anything to defend himself, because he is a class act. And if he did, someone would just say he is a sore loser, and that is not Page. Page has not ask me to make this post, he is my friend and I am tied of seeing him have lies made about him. First, Page learned taxidermy from his father Gerald, a very good taxidermist when he was still in it. He did not learn it or was taught by Charlie as he stated on the radio show. That is an insult to Page and Gerald. Second, for CJ to accuse Page of going to the deer judge and telling him to go hard on him because of who mounted them is wrong. Now, I don't know when and where CJ thinks this took place, but I do know that Page & I judged the WV show last year together. If CJ thinks Page came to me and told me to go hard on his deer, he does not know Page and I very well. First Page did no such thing and second if he had I would have told Page that is crossing the line. Third, this has nothing to do with Page, but for Charlie to let the DJ and listeners think he won the 1995 worlds with a bird is wrong. And this past Sunday in the Capital Gazette it says Charlie won the worlds in 1995 with a bird. Now, if you go back and look, you will find that Charlie did win a blue ribbon with a bird in the Pro. division, not the Masters. That is disrespecting the person who won the worlds that year. I have no beef with CJ & Charlie, just don't lye to make yourself look better. When you do that, most of the time you are hurting someone else, not to mention yourself. With that said, CJ does not owe anyone an apology for the show, but he does owe Page one.

4. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Vince,
    I agree with you. You do not go on a nationally syndicated radio show and call a person a liar and a cheat, especially by name! This could hurt the reputation Page has with his clients! And all because he was not given the score he felt he should have received for his whitetail? I think they call that slander in the legal world?

Tim

5. Huntman

Huntman Guest

the last 3 post hit the nail on the head! besides untruths and downright lies on the air in the nations capital arrogance and self promotion againts others is pure gloating.there facebook page is plastered with this as well as news print articles saying the same things. they both need a real reality check

6. redog76

redog76 New Member

Maybe I shouldn't have put it the way that I did out there on the radio, but it's over now. Maybe I would have put it differently looking back, but whatever.

There was no prep for that show, and I was just kind of rolling with it trying to be funny. Page is an amazing taxidermist, and what a greenhorn like me says should be no sweat off his brow.

I am not going to get into any details, but there is much more to this backstory between Page and me than you see. My fault for saying anything at all.

The comment about the deer score was just an example I came up with on the cuff, it was not the real story.

What my Dad said was not the complete truth, but I think in his position many of you would have done the same thing.

It's not like we go around to other taxidermists claiming this, its business guys, you know how it works.

To explain how taxidermy competitions work to the public is like telling the Amish how a diesel runs. Why does it really even make a difference to y'all?

Whoever is hiding behind huntman obviously has problems with us. I Guarantee its someone that I know, and have talked to, but won't tell me to my face they have a problem.

@Vincent- your EZ eye rotation system is awesome! They looked great in your seminar, but they work even better!!

It's fun to try and make some different looks on animals. Careful putting the cutter in your drill, it will tear your fingers up if you slam it in like a normal bit.

I got the whole setup from McKenzie, and I really enjoy using it.

EITM a Nationally syndicated show? I don't think so. Most people can't stand to listen to his laugh!

Cameron Hanes put it well.
    "You can count on people HATING you, trying to SHAKE you and
    hoping to BREAK you….this has nothing to do with you and everything to do
    with them. Keep chasing those dreams…YOU CAN BE and DO anything you want."

7. callou2131

callou2131 New Member

Here is one...
    Eastern Regional Competition 1985
    -People's Choice Best of Show
    -1st Place Canvasback

Eastern Regional Competition 1987
    -First Place Gray Fox

Eastern Regional Competition 1992
    -Judge's Choice Best of Show

Eastern Regional Competition 1993
    -Taxidermist's Choice Best of Show
    -Best Habitat Award

World Taxidermy Championships 1995
    -2 First Waterfowl Ribbons

Eastern Regional Competition 1996
    -Judge's Choice best of Show
    -People's Choice Winner

Virginia Taxidermy Championships
    -Judge's Choice Best of Category
    Professional Deerhead

West Virginia Taxidermy Championships 2010
    -1st place Professional Small Mammal
    -1st Place Professional Habitat
    -Judge's Choice Best of Category
    Professional Small Mammal

Pennsylvania Taxidermy Championships 2010
    -Best of Show People's Choice
    -1st Place Woodduck
    -1st Place Deerhead

Virginia Taxidermy Championships
    -WASCO Award Winner
    -Best of Show People's Choice
    -Best Habitat-Professional Div.
    -First Place Pintail
    -Best Furbearer by VA trappers Assoc.
    -Competitor's Challenge Winner
    -Judge's Choice Best Commercial Piece

West Virginia Taxidermy Convention
    -Ducks Unlimited Award

-Mckenzie Taxidermists Choice Award
    -President's Cup Winner
    -Best of Category Small Mammal
    -Competitor's Challenge Winner

Maryland Taxidermy Competition
    -Best of Class Whitetail
    -Best of Class Small Mammal
    -Maryland Hunting Quarterly
    Most Artistic Whitetail
    -Al Holmes Best Habitat
    -Collective Artists 1st Place

Virginia Taxidermy Competition 2012
    -Best of show Lifesize Mammal
    -Taxidermists Choice Best Lifesize
    -Judges Choice best Habitat

I have been a customer Of Charlie and Cjs since 1984. Guess I have an extensive crappy collection then, and am Very proud of it.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Huntman, you have 11 posts to this site, 10 are about CJ.. The term 'stalker' comes to mind......maybe somebody else needs a reality check.

Both CJ & Page are good people and if I know both of them, when they meet again they will both spill their grievances with each other, earn new respect for each other and both come out better people and professionals.

9. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Very well said Michael, I've never quite understood how someone can come on here, make a screenname just to b!tch out someone. Seems like that happens alot on here. Hell if you got something to say about someone, why don't you just say who you are, instead of stalking topics to write BS!

10. CJ, thanks for making the last post you made, that took some courage to say that. Like I said, I have no beef with you guys, just looking after a friend. I pray you and Page will talk and get past this. One thing I have learned in 50 years is, when it comes out your mouth, you can't take it back. All you can do is try to make it right. I hope this all is a start to something positive.

And I 'm glad you like the eye system. You can't chuck them in a drill like you do bits sometimes.

11. Huntman

Huntman Guest

very funny. first, I joined this site when I did. Not because of anyone.My screen name is my last name period. not lik e you mid west bucks. where is your real mame.after all the taxidermy progams on TV I took an interest. I do not know CJ, his father or have we ever talked. I just happened to join when this topic was of interest. thats it. after following the link on this thread, I did just like many others.make an honest comment.CJ admitted he lied as did his father.big balls. however, "it;s business" as he says puts a negitive light on those that are honest. funny how taxidermists flip flop in posts to cover there A$$'S. perfect example is TF.Cj did a good job on the TV show. however, IMO it went to his head with the DC radio, and all the other BS posted that this site had links for. and MP, I havwe made more that 1 post to this site other than CJ.how do you know what would become of CJ and Nethercut?maybe you should go back to your NTA posts and practice what you preach.bottom line CJ lied on a national show, radio statioin and has now come forth to expaline himsef.there are some that will question and some how will understand.opinions are what they are.some good, some bad.just because someone has a different view does no make them bad or a "stalker'.

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Because I know both men. Now one has apoligized and you're still trying to stick it to CJ..

Damn, a stalker and a troll.....that's almost a triple-double in the Internet world.

13. I don't know CJ or his dad but I know that their birds are top notch. My shop is only 45 minutes from theirs and when someone wants a bird mounted I tell them to goto Charlie.

14. callou2131

callou2131 New Member

however his work is terrible. your taxidermy was crap.
    Who is back pedalling now? To come on a site and slam someones work, which you can only see from a wide shot 20 feet away, then make fun of how a person dresses, and accuse him of being an aryan is pretty damn low. Your posts reek of jealousy. I am still waiting for you to back up the claim that he lied on a national show. Pretty strong accusation with nothing to back it up.

15. redog76

redog76 New Member

Ok I'm old news now, anyone watch last nights episdoe?

16. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

17. redog76

redog76 New Member

AHHHHHHHH I'm just gonna step back and let this play out. I think I have said enough, my man Houser is on next week!

18. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Okay...the last eppisode was better cut...that fox headed dragon thing was cool, not the greatest taxidermy like the one CJ did but the idea is kick ass and followed the theme. The repro fish guy did really good work but the piece was boring, he shoulda done better habitat so the peice flowed better. So on skill he shoulda won but on overall subject matter he indeed lost the wow factor.