1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hello NTA Board Members

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Feb 19, 2013.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Hello Board Members,

I am writing you today to voice my concerns regarding the removal of Gregg Ielfield as a member in good standing with your association. I live in the state of Louisiana and as I understand it your actions would be illegal under current state law; members may only be banned from associations in this state by nonpayment of dues. I don't feel like this is the case with Mister Ielfield and will also be so bold as to suggest that his ban is nothing more than an attempt to figuratively tape his mouth. I also believe this to be the case when considering the fact that Tim Thacker's membership eligibility is being denied until it can be voted upon by your board, I fail to see how that is legal and not blatant discrimination as well. In years past, Michael Schlabach and Harry Whitehead were stripped of their member statuses in much the same manner that is currently being attempted; in fact, Michael’s release was admittedly accomplished through fraudulent behavior! I am disgusted by quite a few of the things I have read on taxidermy.net recently that have been posted by your current ethics director Bill Haynes (including the afore mentioned confession of fraud), he is nothing short of rude and insulting and probably the WORST ambassador for any association I have seen to date...especially for one that already has such a high instance of taboo within our society and needs as much positive light shed on it as possible. I believe the NTA can be an excellent tool for breaching that societal gap, which will lead to endless opportunity for growth...which is what most taxidermists like me want for our industry; but I feel that poor public relations and mismanagement of funds over the years have severely stunted its ability to perform such tasks for its members. The only way I see to get this beloved association back on its feet is to STOP silencing your members and open up about the allegations of wrongdoing that certain board members are facing. You can't run forever and we all know hiding won't work either...don't kid yourselves! The truth will come out one way or the other. As a past member and potential future one I would like to see these truths come about voluntarily instead of stripping everyone involved of their dignity and raping the community accounts of their resources simply to delay the inevitable...it's asinine and an abusive misuse of members' money.

Thank you for your consideration regarding these matters,
    -Janna

The above was written by Janna and e-mailed. I would like to see other like minded people follow suit by addressing the current board in a like manner. Board, this is your time to do the right time. You have a teleconference call coming up this Friday evening to address these issues. Will you be a part of the problem or a part of the solution? As Fred asked you to do...Please take a look in the mirror. Who do you see and what do you want your legacy to be?

2. ok, On Monday I e mailed HQ to upgrade my membership to a family. No reply, So Monday afternoon I had my wife call, The lady said Cindy was not in. This am Julia called a left message. At noon She called again & talked with Greg Crain, I then got on phone. Long story short they are HOLDING my upgrade, of a single membership to a family membership until the board can discuss me. LOL
    I have talked with JJ to let him know and he is going to get back with me.
    They are nuts !!!!!!!!!!! Now they do not want to have a family in there with two votes.
    O yeah, I did record the whole chat, Coming soon.

Gregg R. Ielfield & family

3. antlerman

Unbelievable. This is crazy. You can't make this stuff up folks. I've heard the recording and on numerous occasions Crain said; under the advise of counsel, he could not discuss Gregg's membership with him. Are they(he) for REAL? A man can't call and get an answer about his membership status? This is TOTALLY insane.

4. mimes

mimes Member

Are you saying Ielfield's membership has been removed?

5. Read my post, I am up for the chopping block. & they are holding back right now on letting me upgrade to a family membership.

So at this time My 10 yr old & 13 yr old girls & my wife are being told they can not join until they (the board/crains ) discuss my membership Friday night. NOW that my freinds is frecking bull ..................

Gregg R. Ielfield

6. mimes

mimes Member

When and where is the board meeting taking place Friday night? Is there a phone number we can call and listen in on the meeting? I think we need to spread that info right now.....maybe a thread all of its own.....let as many people know about it as possible.

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    What do you expect them to do ... really? ::) You come on here and belittle them, name call, and degrade them and the association ... then you expect them to welcome you all with open arms. Are you for real? ??? They're not going to let their enemies in ... and rightfully so.

8. antlerman

BIG difference JOhn. We're not a 501c They are. We are within the law, they are not.

9. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

While I do understand what John is saying the problem is is that Greg Crain has precipitated all of this negativity by his actions LONG before any name calling or degradation occurred. This whole thing has been a spiraling collapse of an organization that should have been for the membership but instead has been captured by an employee as his own. With control of the finances as well as manipulation of the by laws and "rules" that Greg Crain has managed to fashion it just became too easy for him and the temptation was too great. Now, what you have is a Executive Director that is reeling backward doing anything he can do to circumvent ANYONE getting the information that would incriminate him. There is simply no other explaination for his actions and he basically has no other options but to protect the financials. Unfortunately for him, eventually, the information will be exposed and so will he.

10. I would advise to check in to the legalities of recording a telephone conversation-different states have differing laws, and when you do this from a dfferent state, you may be subject to federal laws. This may not be the case if you first told the other party they were being recorded. Just check it out before posting on a public forum.

11. LordRusty

Ohio
    Still, you cannot throw around the type of things and names that have been thrown around here, and expect them to welcome you into the fold with open arms. This is what some of you don't seem to get. And the information about the telephone recordings is correct ... it is a slippery legal slope! You all could be brought up on federal charges if you pursue this line of stupidity. You cannot just record or tap phone conversations. You are not a law enforcement authority!

12. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

The federal Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510 et seq., prohibits the willful interception of telephone communication by means of any electronic, mechanical, or other device without an applicable exemption. There are two principal exceptions:

Federal Exceptions
    Consent: In the absence of more restrictive state law, it is permissible to intercept and record a telephone conversation if one or both of the parties to the call consents. Consent means authorization by only one participant in the call; single-party consent is provided for by specific statutory exemption under federal law. 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2511(2)(d).

New York and Louisana are both ONE consent states. ;D

13. antlerman

Single Party Consent Law. Anyone can record their own phone conversations without consent as long as the recording is not being used for legal matters or blackmail. In which case duel consent is required. Gregg has done nothing wrong. Please stop trying to insinuate that he did. This is not a legal case and none is being made of it. It's merely a recorded conversation for personal reference. Nothing more. I would be much more concerned about the way Gregg was treated pertaining to his membership than I would be a recorded phone conversation. If they think they have grounds for a case, Please pursue it. We will welcome ANY opportunity to get them into court.

14. antlerman

Sorry Elmer, I didn't realize you had posted that, but glad you did. Thanks.

15. antlerman

Still, you cannot throw around the type of things and names that have been thrown around here, and expect them to welcome you into the fold with open arms. This is what some of you don't seem to get.

Sorry John. It doesn't work that way. I don't care if I spit in their faces they can not legally deny anyone membership EXCEPT for none payment of dues.

And the information about the telephone recordings is correct ... it is a slippery legal slope! You all could be brought up on federal charges if you pursue this line of stupidity. You cannot just record or tap phone conversations. You are not a law enforcement authority!

Again, you are wrong. No-one tapped anything. You need to read your own signature line. If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.

I'm not wrong. Guess where that leaves you?

Though I do appreciate your willingness to help, please be sure you're right before posting bad information. Though I doubt your help is really that genuine. It would be nice if it was.

16. LordRusty

Ohio
    Oh, I'm NOT looking to help you! This is turning into a ****ing witch hunt, and somebody - might as well be me - needs to say so! And 'talk' of taping a phone conversation can be very damning ... but go ahead and keep playing this up. For the record, I have always like the Crains ... they always treated me and my wife well ... very warm, and always made us feel welcome. I for one, am not buying into this BS. But you kids have your fun.

17. antlerman

As I expected. But Thank You for your sentiments John.

18. antlerman

And 'talk' of taping a phone conversation can be very damning .

You know John is correct. Wasn't it Frankie Thompson who spliced a couple of tapes from phone conversations back several years ago that sounded as if John Janelli was a mafia hitman? Wasn't it that doctored tape that was also used to have John removed from the NTA? Oh my, the webs we weave.

I think Belluchi is correct afterall come to think of it. Taping a phone conversation can become VERY damning, huh Frankie?

19. 8

20. antlerman

Well said John, but be careful. You are nominated for a board position. :) Wouldn't want to cause them ballot boxes to tip any. LOL