1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't you hate it when

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by GC424, Feb 19, 2013.

1. GC424

GC424 New Member

you have a perfect cape, clean, no damage, beautiful colors, you get everything turned, split and thinned then you get to the ears and wham now its not so perfect anymore. :(

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Yep that sux !

3. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

You mean it doesn't always go that way . . . WTH !

4. yup - had one of those perfect capes last week. I was removing cartilage and ear darn near ripped in half! I still wouldn't go back to bondo ears, though IMO. You couldn't see the tear at all after I installed earliners. Nice long hair inside those ears as well.

5. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

It is what it is..Just need to makeit disapear to anyone else's eyesight..thats the part of taxidermy that u can only get handson lol

6. GC424

GC424 New Member

LMAO Only happens most of the time.

7. Gator1042

Gator1042 New Member

And her I thought i was the only one who tearing ears up!!!

8. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Or bumping the stand while setting the antlers and they fall off and break the skull plate in half. Love that, just happened to me this past Sat.

9. GC424

GC424 New Member

been there or drop a glass eye on the concrete floor.

10. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

lol..hopefully thats after it was scored ;D if that was my deer and you dropped,considering it was worthy of scoring ;) I would be pissed to all heck !! lol

11. The Ojibwa

The Ojibwa Member

Ohio
    Here we say "It wouldn't be Frinks Run Taxidermy quality unless I had to fix (insert self inflicted damage here)."

12. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Believe me, I thought about that. It is luckly one my brother shot this past year. No scoring involved.

I've done the glass eye thing also, that one was on my sons first deer, a small forky. I glued the eye w/superglue and put it in.

13. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    put a chunk of carpet or floor mat down when setting eyes less chance of damage when not if you drop an eye.

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That's all considers 'an every day thing'

15. Frosty

Frosty New Member

I have to say that this thread makes me feel really good. As a beginner I feel crushed everytime somthing like this happens. Nice to know that even the professionals do it.

16. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Ya like mounting a mule deer for the show then to find out later one of your glass eyes is crack.

17. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Shoot, I cut holes on purpose in every ear I do!! That way I can't get mad at myself for doin' it by accident!! ;)

18. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

lol..very good idea steve ;D