1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Want a laugh?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Mudcat72, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Or perhaps just a sad head shake. This was written on another forum I visit. Copied and pasted in it's "difficult to read" entirety..

ive been doing skulls for years i do over 40 a season and i use to work for a taxidermist the only two ways to get the oil out of the bone is to boil them or use beetles. boiling them does not hurt the bone or make it brittle if you dont boil them over an hour. only boiling them for long periods of time will.and using pure bleach will make the bone brittle and yellow over the years. use 40 volume hair dye from your local salon. let is sit from 8 to 10 hours and completely wash it clean with hot water. but as far as the meat sticking once you start the boiling process you need to pressure wash as soon as you take them out. the longer they sit the fat and membrains will turn like rubber which is then very difficult to get off and the skull will darkin from haveing the stuff stay on it

2. horsefeathers

horsefeathers Member

1. Open hand up palm side up.

2. Apply palm of hand to face numerous times.

3. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Sweet I gotta get me some of them degreasing beetles. Lol

4. Voltrax

Voltrax New Member

So I need another beetle colony? Mine don't degrease. Are they broken? Please help!

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

*bang head on keyboard. Go outside and hug the dog* .. Jeeez. :(

6. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

I wish I had some of those beetles when I was degreasing that hog skull.

7. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

"Stupid should hurt!" ...I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to skulls and even I know everything in that was wrong...lol

8. That is a new breed of beetle called the "Dawn Beetle". They eat grease out of your way!

Wow! Nothing like years of experience!

9. You see and hear the same problems with taxidermy, just because somoene has been doing it this way for 40 years dont mean it works the same on every thing.

I agree with heat to degrease, about 160F in an ammonia, an hour will take car of most thing.

I am surprised at the african skull with grease in them after the africans have boiled almost to the point of making th bone brittle.

10. 40 Volume hair dye? I've always whitened my skulls.
    But if it was on the internet it has to be true.......

11. dave475

dave475 New Member

Ya and I am a French model

12. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Tell furhunter34 that he's an idiot..

13. exoticswan

exoticswan Jessy Riley

it was for years and they do 40 a season

so we need to season them
    I didn't get all the ingredients can someone tell me

salt
    pepper
    hot sauce
    .........?

14. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    Whats wrong with that ......I posted it!

15. ha ha ha

Well there ya go. Any of y'all needing those dawn beetles. Well, here's the man with the hook up.

16. 40 volume dye; lol. Hm.. do I want my skulls blonde.. red.. black? Purple or blue for the rebellious ones?

17. putt510

putt510 New Member

You look more like a bright blue skull kind of guy. Also, does anyone know this guy's education level?

18. I think he needs to go back to grammar school...and I think I know what these oil eating beetles are, oil eating nanobots?! maybe he's from the future!

19. justinj

justinj Member

"Everything you read on the internet is True."
    -Abraham Lincoln

20. Brentdog

Brentdog Born to hunt & fish, forced to work!

Idaho
    Those beetles live in that kitty litter stuff...right? ;D