1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

aves apoxie sculpt

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by byrdman, Feb 21, 2013.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

bad batch???...not buyin it....if you sell a product proffesionally you have quality control...and dont have something called a "bad batch"...especially when others are having the same issues.....it is just no good for detail work as it has no bond ...never had this issue with other apoxies....

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Those of us who use it and like it do not understand your issue. We do not know what it is you are trying to do exactly. Please inform Aves of your issue and let them try to make it right, or just don't use it and move on.

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

read...

4. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

It may have been fine when it left the Aves factory, but how long did it sit in a warehouse or on a suppliers shelf. Contact Aves and explain it to them. If you don't want to do that, then move on and use something else. I have some black from 6 years ago and it is still good.

5. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Never........

Never had a problem with Aves apoxie sculpt....must be me.

:)

Kerby...

6. I have no issues! Works great for me! I have tried the white apoxie sculpt, and the white, black and gray fix-it. I really like them! I use the black fix it to put in my eyes and recreate the nectating membrane. I use the white apoxie sculpt to make a smooth junction from the artificial skull to the neck. And also wood duck eyelids, then paint them red.

7. gwamp

gwamp Member

I find that these two part epoxy compounds always stick better to the things you don't want them to, like your fingers. Keep your hands wet and use a small sculpting tool to help get the adhesion started.