1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Appeal to ALL NTA members. I need your help.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Feb 22, 2013.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

As most of you know by now HQ is holding up my application for membership as they are also doing to Gregg Ielfield's family upgrade. In the spirit that one would use to voice one's concerns to your congressmen on a political front, I am asking current members of the NTA to voice your concerns to the NTA board by dropping them an e-mail stating your concerns about the NTAHQ upholding our membership applications. This is unacceptable. What gives HQ the right to do this? They have been given a directive by NTA Pres. John Janelli to process our applications, which are being ignored by HQ. When Gregg and his wife called to find out the status of their membership upgrade to a family membership they were told by Greg Crain that on the advice of counsel that their membership was being upheld and that he (Greg Crain) could not speak to Mr, Ielfield about this matter.

In conversations, it would appear that our memberships are to be decided at an upcoming board meeting scheduled for April. Since when did the NTA start screening it's applicants who apply for membership? Seems a little on the prejudiced side to me coming from a "Not for Profit" NATIONAL organization that was designed and created for ALL Taxidermists, which we are a part of that group of people. Are we to expect that background checks are to become the norm for all membership applicants, or just for those who ask questions and point out truths about the inner workings of the NTA?

Attached you will find a letter written by Ms. Janna Medved addressing her concerns on this matter. It is a well written letter that I ask you all to use as a format and voice your concerns to ALL NTA board members. I have attached the current board members e-mail addresses and ask all of you to contact your board members with these concerns on our behalf, and on the behalf of any future applicants who may ask questions and find themselves denied membership without first obtaining board approval. The notion that the NTA is only for those whom HQ decides to let in is NOT in the spirit of what the NTA stands for. It's time for this madness to STOP.

Again, we need your help. Please take the time to address this issue with the board members.

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely
    Tim Thacker

"[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Hello Board Members,

I am writing you today to voice my concerns regarding the removal of Gregg Ielfield as a member in good standing with your association. I live in the state of Louisiana and as I understand it your actions would be illegal under current state law; members may only be banned from associations in this state by nonpayment of dues. I don't feel like this is the case with Mister Ielfield and will also be so bold as to suggest that his ban is nothing more than an attempt to figuratively tape his mouth. I also believe this to be the case when considering the fact that Tim Thacker's membership eligibility is being denied until it can be voted upon by your board, I fail to see how that is legal and not blatant discrimination as well. In years past, Michael Schlabach and Harry Whitehead were stripped of their member statuses in much the same manner that is currently being attempted; in fact, Michael’s release was admittedly accomplished through fraudulent behavior! I am disgusted by quite a few of the things I have read on taxidermy.net recently that have been posted by your current ethics director Bill Haynes (including the afore mentioned confession of fraud), he is nothing short of rude and insulting and probably the WORST ambassador for any association I have seen to date...especially for one that already has such a high instance of taboo within our society and needs as much positive light shed on it as possible. I believe the NTA can be an excellent tool for breaching that societal gap, which will lead to endless opportunity for growth...which is what most taxidermists like me want for our industry; but I feel that poor public relations and mismanagement of funds over the years have severely stunted its ability to perform such tasks for its members. The only way I see to get this beloved association back on its feet is to STOP silencing your members and open up about the allegations of wrongdoing that certain board members are facing. You can't run forever and we all know hiding won't work either...don't kid yourselves! The truth will come out one way or the other. As a past member and potential future one I would like to see these truths come about voluntarily instead of stripping everyone involved of their dignity and raping the community accounts of their resources simply to delay the inevitable...it's asinine and an abusive misuse of members' money.

Thank you for your consideration regarding these matters,
    -Janna

2. Here is a few replies I got from the Board.

The board was never informed of any discrepancy with regard to your membership. It should be processed promptly

Dear Gregg,

First, please let me thank you for even having the desire to include your wife as an NTA member. As a current NTA member in good standing that you actually are right now, I see no reason why your family membership upgrade should not be processed and enjoyed by both Julia and yourself. In fact the very Oath of Office we're held to guarantees that all board members and officers "...pledge my fullest cooperation to the NTA and its membership". In short, you are the NTA and your membership does indeed have its privileges. To with hold your family membership for even one more day is absolutely incomprehensible to most of us.

Actually, the board did not know about this situation until I informed them in a previous email earlier today. Yet I am lost for words at how all this could take place to the level it has. Please be patient until we can get to the bottom of it. As a retired municipal judge, surely you can understand the kinks in any chain of command.

Gregg

Thanks for your email. Believe me some of us on the board are very serious about looking into this matter. I will keep you advised.

Mr Iefield

For your information... The moment you said you were lawyered up, or was in contact with the AG, you effectively halted

any intercourse between you and the NTA (ED). No, he did not call the attorney about this, this is long standing policy from

years ago. There has been no discussion anywhere or with anyone regarding your membership or upgrade. As the

Pres. cancelled the BOD meeting, your appeal will have to wait.

Gregg,
    There should be no reason to not let you upgrade your membership to a family membership. You are a paid member in good standing and I don't know why this is even a question.

SO you tell me who is in control of the NTA, sure does not look like the Board is.
    Gregg Ielfield

3. antlerman

I don't know where this lawyer thing comes in at. I have not spoken to an attorney either, other than theirs, Pat Patrick.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Crains are scared....

5. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

People, You're correct. The Crains are scared and if they're not, they damn well should be. All of this is based upon what you're rights are as a member. Being a member of the NTA lets you in the door so to speak and by removing you the Crains think that they can keep you from getting information that they are guarding so agressively. It has been my contention all along that the only way to get all of this striaghtened out is to do it in court. They have always hid behind the fact that it takes MONEY to get anything done with them while they seem to have the money of the membership to do their bidding. The by laws, corporate law, state law, BOD directives, Presidential directives all are ignored or manipulated however the Crains want in order to keep them in power. My advise is to NOT support the NTA either financially or physically until the Crains are removed from their position.

6. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

Good afternoon Mister Bill. :eek:

I thought you said the Prez banned you from posting ???
    Bill Haynes
    Re: Sing with me 'Another One Bites The Dust.........!'
    « Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'My Pres. told me not to post on taxinet anymore, so I just deleted all my posts up to now'.
    See ya

What "people" are not members? It is a known fact that
    Gregg Ielfield IS a card packing member of the NTA ;)

Best regards,

Elmer "Mark" Gantry

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Did I just here a Fart???????

8. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Oh, my. I forgot.......... Please don't tell him....

9. ELMER GANTRY

Shhhhhhh our secret Mr. Bill ;)

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yeah, y'all are pretty good about doing things secretly behind his back ;)

11. antlerman

Being a member of the NTA lets you in the door ...
    For your information, these people are not members.

But Bill, I was hoping to become a member so you and I could dine at the same table and break bread together before you leave. You know at 81, we probably won't have many more opportunities to get to know each other and become friends. You would like me Bill. I just know you would if you would just give me a chance. I hope the other board members will. They all speak very highly of you Bill. I think we should get to know each other better.

12. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

Here is what I got back so far....as you can see, I did sign my name at the bottom....He must not read to good

Re: To All The BOD
    TO: You + 15 More16 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou Hide Details FROM:Bill Haynes TO:Izzy Human [email protected] [email protected] 13 More...Message starred Friday, February 22, 2013 5:04 PM
    Mr. Human:
    (If that is your real name)
    You really need to get your facts straight before making such accusations as outline in your missive below. First, there is no action taking place at this time regarding Mr. Ielfield.
    Tim Thacker has a crimminal record. HE will be thoroughly investigated by the BOD.
    Michael Schlabach was not stripped of his membership. He was dismissed for non-payment of dues. His re-admission was denied because of his slanderous comments
    regarding of the ED, the Board of directors, and the NTA in general. If this is fraudulent behavior, please elaborate. Harry Whitehead resigned, as did Vanderburg.
    I think you should desist from reading Taxi_net, as 90% of the trash posted there are lies, or blatant distortion of the truth. By the way, any posts I made on the net were
    my personal opinions. Never did I assert myself as an NTA Board member

Bill Haynes
    NTA BOD

----- Original Message -----
    To: "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]" ; " "[email protected]"
    Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 4:23 PM
    Subject: To All The BOD

Hello Board Members,

I am writing you today to voice my concerns regarding the removal of Gregg Ielfield as a member in good standing with your association. I live in the state of Louisiana and as I understand it your actions would be illegal under current state law; members may only be banned from associations in this state by nonpayment of dues. I don't feel like this is the case with Mister Ielfield and will also be so bold as to suggest that his ban is nothing more than an attempt to figuratively tape his mouth. I also believe this to be the case when considering the fact that Tim Thacker's membership eligibility is being denied until it can be voted upon by your board, I fail to see how that is legal and not blatant discrimination as well. In years past, Michael Schlabach and Harry Whitehead were stripped of their member statuses in much the same manner that is currently being attempted; in fact, Michael’s release was admittedly accomplished through fraudulent behavior! I am disgusted by quite a few of the things I have read on taxidermy.net recently that have been posted by your current ethics director Bill Haynes (including the afore mentioned confession of fraud), he is nothing short of rude and insulting and probably the WORST ambassador for any association I have seen to date...especially for one that already has such a high instance of taboo within our society and needs as much positive light shed on it as possible. I believe the NTA can be an excellent tool for breaching that societal gap, which will lead to endless opportunity for growth...which is what most taxidermists like me want for our industry; but I feel that poor public relations and mismanagement of funds over the years have severely stunted its ability to perform such tasks for its members. The only way I see to get this beloved association back on its feet is to STOP silencing your members and open up about the allegations of wrongdoing that certain board members are facing. You can't run forever and we all know hiding won't work either...don't kid yourselves! The truth will come out one way or the other. As a past member and potential future one I would like to see these truths come about voluntarily instead of stripping everyone involved of their dignity and raping the community accounts of their resources simply to delay the inevitable...it's asinine and an abusive misuse of members' money.

Thank you for your consideration regarding these matters,
    Herman

13. ELMER GANTRY

Izzy Herman Human ;) LOL

14. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I'm thinking about sending money in for my membership. I have experience in helping run a show bigger than theirs, maybe I could be of some help !!

15. I got this Fri from HQ, I asked them for list of Board members terms that are up this year.

Dear Mr. Ielfield:

After referencing those Board Members whose terms expire in 2013...I found that I sent you a partial list that was incorrect. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience.

The correct names are: Mr. Jim Ellis, Mr. Bill Haynes, Mr. Randy Jordan and Mr. Mel Kincheloe

I already was told the Pres & sec. were up also. John is the NTA proud & true,,,,,, The question WE the MEMBERS need to decide is who ,out of these 4 ,do we want to stay ?
    Remeber we have Fred Vanderburgh, Jerry Adams, & John Creager Running. We NEED thos 3 in and on that BOARD.

Gregg R. Ielfield

16. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Bill Haynes, I resigned from the Board. I didn't resign from the NTA. See, you and HQ are the ones that twist the truth. It will come to an end soon. Mr Cline!!! Please don't support the NTA under the current leadership!! You don't want to enable them to continue doing the shenanigans that they are doing!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Harry, that was a joke. I'm sorry I didn't explain that better,

18. antlerman

I understood it. Maybe Harry has a cylinder down or something today. LOL Someday we will need you Heath to help run a BIG show, but that day is a ways down the road. Won't be this year for sure. But we'll know where to reach you when that day comes. LOL

19. Please clarify-On a different post on Feb 5th you make two references about speaking to attorneys, one you say is a federal attorney. Anyone following these threads will remember that.

20. Tim was talking about me I think. I have not talked or e mailed any attorneys, BUt the HQ says I have lawyered up and that is why they won't talk with me.
    Gregg Ielfield