1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Polytranspar Paint

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by WildNatureLuver, Feb 25, 2013.

1. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Wish they had a better pour spout on those bottles, most the times when filling a air brush cup I waste some paint & make a mess. Any one else have that problem?

2. Yea, its not just poly paint either. Most other paint bottles are horrible too

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I don't even waste my time anymore trying to squeeze paint out unless it's a brand new bottle. I shake, unscrew each cap and pour. And have a pair of channel locks handy ready to go because the screw caps are usually dried on too. In fact, I rarely even try to loosen by hand anymore and just go straight to the channel locks...

4. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

I did that also with the channel locks but at times some of the dried paint falls into the bottle on me. They do need to be designed , all the technology available today drip proof bottles is not impossible , investing the money and change over might be.

5. FishArt

Yeah, that happens sometimes. And perhaps it's an issue with some of the higher end detail air brushes. But, it's never been an issue with my single action Pasche. Any chunks will settle to the bottom of the bottle. I never strain my paint either. What a p.i.t.a. that is (did it ONCE)...

6. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Really? You still use one of those? From what I've seen posted, the pros use and recommend a higher end airbrush for greatly improved detail. [​IMG]

7. FishArt

Perca, that's because I'm keeping my amateur status with the hopes that they replace wrestling in the Olympics with "Synchronized Airbrushing with Cheap Airbrushes"...

8. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

I can't believe they are going to discontinue olympic wrestling!! The way things are going I figured they would expand it to women's wrestling and then mixed wrestling. To discontinue wrestling and then add some of these adolescent daredevil stunts is a sign of the times. [​IMG]

9. FishArt

They added women's wrestling in 2004...

10. gwamp

gwamp Member

I hear they are going to replace it with a "Monster Truck" competition. Woo, Woo!

11. RAS

RAS Member

AL
    "Synchronized Painting with Cheap Airbrushes" ;D can't wait for that one!

12. tracy

tracy coon dogs

glad to see i am not the only one on this
    love the paint but always make a mess

13. come on now Marty, all that spilled paint i have all over the bottles is how i know what color I am grabbing. no need to even read the label ;D