1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can we get an AA subcategory?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Alpha Dog, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jake7719

jake7719 Well-Known Member

2X M. Bunker. It's all about the number of "Stars". Who knows who, no differant then the real world.

2. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

at the risk of hi jacking this post, I am not Bunker. I know i whine and complain to Yox at times but i did not weigh in on this one

3. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Jillian@AnglersArtistry Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

I think I get it know Kathie and Rick should have their own Anglers Artistry sections so they can share information and give stuff away! Oh yeah they do it is www.anglersartistry.com/store :)

Common now how boarding all this is and petty a guy markets but add value and a gives a lot away so this takes up 4 pages? Contribute more complain less.

I hope the post goes on for several more pages it keeps me busy reading all the nice emails we get from people who kind of get it. Now I know I'll get fired tomorrow. hehehe :p

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Huh?

Huh?

Maybe I'm just tired, neither of these posts makes sense to me. Here I thought I had a decent grasp on the English language.

5. tracy

tracy coon dogs

i spend over 90% of my time on this site in the fish area never 1 time has AA slowed me down for seeing other post that i wanted to see
    some on here do nothing to help others 4 pages in the profile proves that some are just so bitter in there life that they have nothing better to do
    but cry on many categories on this site out of 4 pages of bo who i think there was 1 or 2 remarks there may have helped some one
    it is people like this that runs off the ones that will help any one
    stay classy what a joke

6. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. jake7719

This forum is just one giant add. Look at the top, side, and bottom of the page. A lot of Avatars are adds for supply companies, Taxidermy Associations and there shops. Look at some of the post that have adds for there shops and links to a website.
    Send all the people that use this forum as a place to advertise (FREE) a bill at the end of the month and see how long they keep it up.
    Anyone making money promoting a service, product or group in this form should be charged for this advertisement.
    Big deal if you give away something for free (tax write off). The Android Phone add on top of this page is giving "FREE" shipping, should they not pay?
    This is not an attack on AA but my view on all the people that get (FREE) advertisement. When your web address has "store" in it, you are getting advertisement for free.

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I just love Perca little popcorn guy! LOL! PM me and tell me where to get one! I love it!

Rick

9. http://www.anglersartistry.com/store

and another shameless plug for the legend who has done more for the industry of fish taxidermy..
    I've seen Rick after giving full blown out... all in seminars.... with chronic pneumonia to CHITS like you guys!

People Sell on here all the time. Call so and so... here is there address... Rick gave birth to the freaking fish section for Christ sakes.

I've scrubbed better things off the bottom of my shoe!
    STAY JEALOUS...

10. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

This is why I need the popcorn guy! LOL! Can I get a shark eating popcorn! Man I love Popcorn! I'll go clean my gils now! LOLL!

Its all in good fun we should never forget that! Passion is what drives us and this is the same things that makes us fire up a keyboard so fast. We all are the same taxidermist struggling to make a buck and to do a better whatever? This is why I never get to far ahead of what is said or writing pro or con we need to love folks and to tear them down it is human nature. If it benefits someone while your on the way up then it is a good thing it is fun for some to ridicule folks on the way down you can't fix that part of human behavior (well at least I can't think of any way to do it) but we are passion wrapped in a creativity thats what makes us so cool! I'm just a regular guys who just works very hard each and every day to make a living for my family. As a full time taxidermist this is hard to do I should have been a tax attorney instead of doing taxidermy I hear they get a better retirement package! It is just the topic for the week in buggy just taxidermy having fun as taxidermist on the forum do. As I said I don't care one way or the other as I made up my mind many many years ago. If you let the direction of others lead you then you are not your won person. I think Ron is funny most of the time (mostly) it is just not my thing to be controversial for the sake of that kind of direction? I should give aw ay some more stuff this little post generates lots of positive emails! More good stuff in the world the better! I need to be positive as it is my ife and I only have one to live and my personal choice is to live it helping people when and where I can and to be the best husband and dad I can be (a good teacher is on the list too!) for my family.

Bill is write some times people write things they can't take back this I thunk is tragic! So say nice things, harness that positive passion and do the best work you can!

Rick Krane

11. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

12. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Thank goodness for emoticons, or we'd have to look at the real Perca...

[​IMG]

13. jake7719

Don't you get payed for doing a seminare ? Everyone goes to work when they are sick. That's how you pay the bills.
    I have no Beef with Rick Crain. This is no attack on AA.

14. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

ok, I get Ron Burgundys point about a lot of AA stuff all at once, valid point, and the mods did some consolidating. The Kranes even came on and tried to smooth things out, even though yeah, it feels personal to them, and it is. But...I am NOT going to sit here and read how its all advertising, and guys with the most stars get the pass. Jake, you seem to have something negative to say in just about every damn post that gets reported to me. You need to back off. Or at least educate yourself first...

Example...I am one of three mods here. When I wanna post a Yoxathon ad, I get to. Why? Because Im a member. No other reason.

What some dont know is, we have, for years, used Rick Krane as somewhat of an unofficial mod of sorts here in the fish category, which is, by the way, one of the smoother running categories we have...thanks to all you fish guys. He doesnt have mod tools on his computer, but he has helped to run some very successful behind the scenes stuff to make this category what it is. So if Rick wants to pop an extra post about something hes doing, we dont mind. Look at the responses he typically gets, theyre very well received. When others post new posts to talk about it, thats just whats current, and theres nothing wrong with it. Even Burgundy has tried to convey this to you all, by his repeated quoting, if anyone is reading.

What Rick, or anyone else gives for seminars is not open to debate here, in my opinion. Yeah, we rake in the cash on those seminars alright. Judge, seminar, critiques and three or four days away from the shop...hmmm, that should come to about, oh, $2500 right? Yeah, right. Try $400-$500 plus travel expenses from most state associations. Keep in mind thats on top of the fact that many of us also offer a full class/seminar for more money, yet we throw the info out there for seminars at basically no pay. Its just like Rick and others say it is, GIVING BACK.

When its a regular thing, like school, reference, products, then yes, then the company pays ad space.

This whole site is based on advertising, contacts, networking and the like. Who would be foolish enough to think otherwise? Who would do all this for free? Its a business. We all just glean much from it for basically free. Yet some still bitch.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

15. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Here ya go Rick. Here's a couple of my favorites that are appropriate here. Most are courtesy of Mr. Ron Anderson. A few you'll appreciate from your "old job"! LOL ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. dougp

dougp Active Member

LOL!! Very good Paul....here's one I've used from time to time.....

Attached Files:

17. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

It certainly takes balls to post some of the stuff on here... ;D....at least Rocky thinks so.....now that everyone laughed or at least smiled (u know you did).....let's keep it that way....

Attached Files:

18. well played sir!!!! LMFAO

19. jake7719

IMO If you make money from a post you should pay for it.
    If paying for it is giving away stuff or info then you have payed for it. I never said that Rick or anyone didn't pay for it but that they should.
    I never asked what you get payed for a seminar. I asked if you got payed.

20. YOX, very, very well said.....