1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shed hunt 2013

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckmaster14, Feb 27, 2013.

1. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

Been out a few times this year ( Walked about 40 hours)... only have one old shed to show for it, and the rest are dead bucks....

Heres what i have so far.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nick7

Nick7 New Member

I noticed a dog in one of your pictures. Did you train him/her to help you find them?

3. buckmaster14

No, she's not trained. She did her part however. She ran up to me with a section of spine in her mouth while i was walkin a deer trail... she had come from up the trail, the direction i was headed... so i knew to look a little harder.

4. Riverland

Riverland New Member

How many of the dead bucks looked familiar?

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Probably all of them Riverland, we know where this one is headed.

6. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Took the words out of my mouth. LOL

7. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    X2. Guess the whole neighborhoods shooting sucks!

8. Riverland

Riverland New Member

They have to be alive to drop their horns.

9. buckmaster14

None of these bucks were found around where i hunt.. just land i have permission to shed hunt on, where no hunting is allowed. the 8 i found most recent, was likely an ehd fatality.

10. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

Bring out the popcorn

Attached Files:

11. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,327528.msg2231848.html#msg2231848

Thought you posted some of these before. Lol find something better to waste your time on and quit making up stories.

12. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Apparently no hunting means shooting deer to rot. That isn't hunting but wouldn't hunting there be a novel idea for population control and utilizing meat instead?? (retorical question so don't answer)

13. buckmaster14

T3,yes, i have posted some of them before... but i figured i would post up everything i have found to date... by no hunting, i mean i asked for permission to shed hunt , not deer hunt... hence me saying no hunting allowed. What do you mean by saying i am making up stories?

I cannot control what a farmer does on his own land, nor do i care... the land is in his name and he pays the taxes on it so he can do what he wants on it as long as it is legal... and yes, what he does is legal, he has the neccessary permits to shoot deer on sight.

It seems like every post i make a few specific guys come in and run the post down hill right out of the gate... if you think that it will run me off like some of you have done with others on this forum, think again... as long as im within the guidelines and follow the rules of the forum, im doing no harm here and will stay as long as i please. So, until a moderator throws me out... deal with it... i aint goin nowhere.

14. Now that the season is over, what was your final deer tally?

15. buckmaster14

2 bucks, and a couple does.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dont have a pic of the last doe i killed... it was a yearling i shot for burger meat.

16. Chuckleberry

Chuckleberry New Member

Is baiting legal where you hunt?

17. buckmaster14

Yes.

18. buckmaster14

Went and walked our 100 acre hunting property up towards virginia today. Stepped foot in the woods at 12pm, and was back in the truck at 7:15. Still no sheds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. So, are found skulls with racks just common property? I was unsure about how that works. If I had to guess, I would think that it'd work like finding roadkill: you can possess and keep it if you treat it like a harvest, and it is in season; but that is with trapping furbearers in my state. Just a guess; I don't know about your state laws for deer.

20. buckmaster14

They can be picked up and kept any time of the year.... no other action required for possession.