1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Advice for next DVD purchase.

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by bymers42, Feb 28, 2013.

1. I'm trying to pick up a variety of instructional DVD's and was hoping someone here could help me. I already having a flying mallard by bill Atkins and a sitting duck by joe kaiser. I would like to pick up a few more by a few different taxidermists before I get started. Was looking to add one from Tony Finazzo, Page Nethercutt, Frank Newmeyer, and/or Stefan Savides. Maybe that is overkill? But I want to experience a variety of methods to try and choose what works best for me. Eventually I know I will also be looking for some instructional material in habitats (water, ice, rock, dirt) and paint schedules too.

However, my main reason for posting is because I would really like one of the videos to include some instruction on caulking and possibly one on upland tail removal. If anybody knows that one of these taxidermists covers either of these topics in a video I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your help! And if anyone has a DVD they no longer want, feel free to PM me. Thanks!

2. Derrin

Derrin New Member

Page has a wood duck, standing, using the caulking method. It is a good dvd.

3. Tony uses caulk in his videos. It's a great DVD (both the standing and flying)

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have Stephens standing duck dvd from Research Mannikins and it really goes into wheeling the bird. He uses caulk and does the wings, one by removing the secondaries off the ulna and the other by leaving the secondaries attached to show how to do it both ways.

5. Thank you all very much! Just the info I was looking for. I appreciate your helpfulness.