1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA IRS forms 990 and 1024

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

http://www.afj.org/assets/resources/resources2/Give-Me-Your-990.pdf

I deleted this post because I don't think it was such a great idea, and if people didn't read Harry's post some may think it was what we wanted them to do. So to clear that up, I just deleted it and Gregg Ielfield is handling it. Thanks

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

May I suggest that a single representative ask for the information so as to avoid harassment...! One of the good guys take a lead role and get the info and distribute it to those that be...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. I am doing it this A.M Sending it Cert Mail.

Gregg R. Ielfield

4. onesportylady

onesportylady Member

Can someone scan it and post here?

5. This just sent by e mail and cert mail to NTA and NTA secretary,, I will keep everyone informed on this. They Have 30 days.
    ( E mail ) Dear NTA,
    I Have just mailed you a FOIA request Tracking #'s (Secretary 9114 9010 7574 2376 2455 15 & HQ is by Certified Mail with Return Receipt Tracking # 7011 0470 0000 7882 8865 . Here is a copy of just what is coming by mail.
    Thank you for your time.
    Gregg R. Ielfield

(LETTER)
    Tri-ponds bird taxidermy studio
    Gregg R. Ielfield
    5013 State Route 12
    Glenfield NY 13343
    (315)-376-3440
    E mail :[email protected]
    www.tri-ponds.com

March 1, 2013
    Dear National Taxidermists Association
    Under the Freedom of Information Act or FOIA I am requesting you supply me with the information listed below. I do understand there will be some cost to this & at that time you have a total cost for me please contact me by letter or phone. 315-286-5939. For Payment.

• A copy of each annual information return (e.g., IRS

Form 990 or Form 990-PF) filed within the last three

Years ,12‘ 11‘ 10‘ , including schedules and attachments;

• A copy of your application for tax-exemption

(e.g., IRS Form 1023 or Form 1024), including

attachments and supporting documents; and

• An exact copy of Form 990-T, including schedules,

attachments and supporting document

: An Exact Copy of The “Articles of Incorporation for the NTA

: An Exact Copy of the NTA . Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax
    Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity.

:An Exact Copy of the Recorded Minutes of the Jan 2013 Board meeting of the NTA

: An Exact copy of the 12’ 13’ years membership list including ALL members ,

If for some reason you can not supply me or are denying me of any of these Items listed above please give me a detailed reason as to why. All information can be mailed to the address at the top of the page. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Gregg R. Ielfield

CC: Carol Janelli NTA Secretary

6. antlerman

Most excellent Gregg Thank You

Barb...welcome back. You've got some reading to catch up on. LOL

7. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

You are confused. This is the FOIA,,,,,
    The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a federal freedom of information law that allows for the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government. The Act defines agency records subject to disclosure, outlines mandatory disclosure procedures and grants nine exemptions to the statute.[1] It was originally signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson, despite his misgivings,[2] on July 4, 1966 as 5 U.S.C. § 552 and went into effect the following year

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Bill.....

Bill, are you saying the NTA is controlled by the United States government? Is the NTA a Federal Agency?

Seriously?

Kerby...

9. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

Bill you sly old dog, cut paste and run like a scalded dog even after you were told by the NTA prez to not post on Taxnet ;D

10. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Well, it seems that comprehension of facts is hard to digest for some people and needs enlightenment. The NTA is not a Federal entity, and does not fall under the FOIA. Get it now??

11. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

for Elmer
    the Pres. said not to post anything confrontational.
    Bye

12. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

You're in rare form Mister Bill, comprehension is one of my specialties :eek: I will have to confess thought, sometimes I have a hard time comprehending YOU ;D ;D ;D

Glad to see that you're on top of the "act"

Are you sure you're not adding some words today like
    "confrontational" when you posted this back on Feb. 18th:
    February 18, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »
    My Pres. told me not to post on taxinet anymore, so I just deleted all my posts up to now.
    See ya

So is it "anymore" or just "confrontational" :eek:

EG

13. Bill, If in fact I am wrong & worded my request wrong , I will just change it and I will admit it, Very easy to remail it.
    However, Under the open meetings, the tape needs to copied & giving to me.
    Also ALL the IRS papers are open to the PUBLIC and need to be Copied and handed over.
    Maybe you'll get away with out giving up the membership list but I'm not so sure on that one. I think that is open to view also.

Gregg Ielfield

14. Huntress

Huntress Member

The NTA is not a 'Federal entity' but the IRS IS! The paperwork requested belongs to the IRS. One of the conditions of being a nonprofit is that it must honor the requests for these forms or it could lose it's 501(c) status.
    (This is how it was explained to me when I sat on the board of a 501(c).)

15. antlerman

Huntress, that's the way I understand it as well.

16. Bill, You were right I was wrong, foia is gov.

But all the tax info needs to be copied ,According to the Federal Public disclosure requirements as a tax-exempt organization the NTA is required to provided these;
    Also on Freedom of Information Law ( FOIL) on open meetings, The NTA needs to provide me with the Minutes, and recorded minutes as any recorded public meeting needs to be keeped for over 4 months.
    I am on way to post office now to resend my request.
    Gregg Ielfield

17. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Everyone should go on Google and do some research.
    FOIA, Open meetings, etc apply to Federal entities, and
    to PUBLIC meetings. Also, IRS tax records are not public property. They take a Court Order to be opened.
    Bye

18. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

[​IMG]

19. Just for snits n' giggles I went on GOOGLE and entered "NATIONAL TAXIDERMY ASSOCIATION FORM 990" and got a hit for the years 2006 - 2009 when Wesley Touchstone was the treasurer. Does anyone know what the 'North Western Chapter of the National Taxidermist Assoc' was/is in Washington State? It showed up during my inquirery but no forms were on file any where. There is a site that has the 2010 990 for the NTA but you need to open an account to view it.