1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA IRS forms 990 and 1024

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Greg
    Why do you keep insisting the NTA send you all this info??
    You have been advised that all the info you want, over 9000 copies are awaiting you at Pat Patrick's office awaiting your viewing pleasure. Why don't you avail yourself of these services.????
    Bill

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Sorry Bill, non profit records are 'public'. Your personal ones are not. Are you really going to fight to hide NTA finance records from it's present and former members???

WOW!

3. Bill, The copies That I am asking for should only be about 8-10 pages per a year for the 990's I get enough junk mail,
    The exact forms I am asking for should be a total of approx 50 pages at the most. Get real. The 9000 pages are JUNK......
    And I am asking for these BECAUSE IT is my right and the NTA has to provide the TAX papers ;D

Gregg Ielfield

PS: Bill, I already have the 08', 09' 990 s from NTA , got them with no court order !!!!! Yupper...... I may have more but just want to see what happens before I say more to you. !!!!!
    JUST RESENT THE REQUEST Tracking # 9114 9010 7574 2376 2455 39

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Bill, I will answer that for you. We have most everything already. No need to spent 1000.00 for fire building paper. We're trying to save a tree. And concerned people's money.

If you sir would like to be viewed in a light of being helpful and transparent, what Gregg needs is Form 1024. Nothing else for now. Just that. However, I wouldn't deny his request, because it's been made. You, or someone at HQ needs to follow thru with it. You have 30 days. Not 31.

5. http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/Louisiana_FOIA_procedures

6. antlerman

Well.....isn't that interesting. Looks like in Louisiana, you only have 3 days Bill. I guess I would make sure it got placed on the front burner.

7. Huntress

Huntress Member

Maybe you should Bing instead.

A tax-exempt organization must make available for public inspection its approved application for recognition of exemption with all supporting documents available and its last three annual information returns. The organization must provide copies of these documents upon request without charge (other than a reasonable fee for reproduction and copying costs). Penalties are provided for failure to comply with these requirements.
    http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Application-for-Recognition-of-Exemption-1

8. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Everything I read in the link provided talks of "public" meetings. I see nothing that references non-profit or
    Membership associations. If you can show me, please copy and paste here.

9. antlerman

Bill...maybe you should see if John Janelli will allow you to contact Pat Patrick. No offense intended, but this may be a bit over your head. You have 3 days. I wouldn't be messing around.

10. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

11. michael p.

....... what is so bad that you want to keep records sealed???

12. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

MP, I believe you can understand better than that..Read this: ?
    You have been advised that all the info you want, over 9000 copies are awaiting you at Pat Patrick's office awaiting your viewing pleasure. Why don't you avail yourself of these services.? All you have to do is drive down to Patricks offices, and you can see anything you want to.
    DO YOU UNDERSTAND?????????

13. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

I think it was your all's "confidentiality clause" Mister Bill that interfered with that viewing pleasure :eek:

14. antlerman

OR

You can request them and have them mailed to you. Nice try on the 9000 pages Bill. You almost had us until, as Mr. Gantry said:

I think it was your all's "confidentiality clause" Mister Bill that interfered with that viewing pleasure

15. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

aLL YOU HAD TO AGREE TO WAS THAT YOU WOULD NOT COPY AND DISTRIBUTE THE INFO .

16. michael p.

I could see not distributing check, credit card, SSN, etc., but why would you not want past and present members of the NTA to see the rest of the information?

17. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

Mister Bill, you need to calm down now , you've done took to shouting ;D

18. antlerman

And THAT option is still available to us Bill. But we don't need 2000 pages of copied taxinet pages, and Grandma's cookie receipt.

The items that Gregg requested is all he needs. Thank You 3 days

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Oh we understand alright...much better than you all underestimated we would. You all would just love to have us sign away, but we know better now. Nice try...Next...

20. HI GLENN.........the NWTA, North West Taxidermy Association, was a chapter of the NTA comprising members from Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Idaho when it first started. Like most organizations, different state chapters broke free and started in their own states, all of them are still active. The last president we had let the chapter die due to non attendance the first time around.

It started up again, and once more the membership did not keep up the attendance, so it failed again.

Why the inquiry about the NWTA chapter?