1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

who finishes your bear rugs

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Shawn73, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Ill have the bear tanned and head installed. Just need it stretched and felt installed. Pricing or info can be sent to a pm or email which is [email protected] Its a black bear.

2. LHT

LHT Member

I have always sent mine to Northern Pines and they always turned out great. Never had any problems with them. I know that there are some other businesses that do great work.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I send mine across the drive way to my wife. She charges me $ 150 and she won't let me see her work because she is afraid I'd take over and she would loose the 150. Like she wouldn't get that out of me any way.

4. Alan B

Alan B Member

Fortmans they do a good job at a very reasonable price

http://www.fortmantaxidermy.com/

5. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

So would it be safe to assume cost to do a rug $150 a ft (tanning,stretching and felt work) plus cost of head. Usually don't get anyone looking for a black bear rug but may start getting some this year and have no idea what to charge. What's going rate for you guys and gals.

6. LHT

LHT Member

Northern Pines charges 125 per foot using your dry salted hides. I price my rugs based on that, so that if my work load is to high I can send them salted and still make money.

7. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Where are you located? Lots of good ruggers. Find one close. I use Montana Rug Co. Jill dues a great job.

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

My wife charges me $25 per lin. foot for felting, padding and lining and I help her. I don't remember seeing it any cheeper than that when we were looking to have it done two years ago. Thats why we decided to do it our selves.

9. I just used Northern Pines on two this past summer, did a great job. I will use again.

10. intohunting

intohunting Member

AZ
    Rhonda's Ruggery

Here is her info taken off of Taxidermy.net Wholesale Rug making page:

Rhonda's Ruggery
    Wholesale rugmaking with impecable quality by Rhonda Cors. Fast turn around. Trained by and working with the original owner of BJ's Rugs who has over 20 years experience.
    Address: 201 S. Sheppard Street, Woodson, IL 62695
    Sales: 217-473-4217 -- E-mail: [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/RhondasRuggery

11. Jordans Bear Den and Turkey Coop. I think they are $43/ft.double felt. They do an excellent job and are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. They are located in North West PA.

12. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Northern Pines has done excellent work for me in the past.