1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

immortalized what a joke

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by boarzhead, Mar 1, 2013.

1. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

Ok... I gave it a go but wtf... Tonite gave me the go ahead to delete it from dvr. Did you see the winner... If i shot some foxes then just freeze dried them am put them on a five bodied lizard thats what won. They said if your fish wernt fiberglass... Hello its salt water fish. Hate show 100%

2. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

i deleted that timer too. That "thing" by Nagasaki Hiroshima was , to put it nicely, stupid.. Ill never waste another 30 minutes on immortalized.

3. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

taxidermy is fascinating to the public. Mounted in alaska was a hit, for the most part. why not do a show on competition. state, national, world. ? the viewing public would love it. as well, as getting wildlife art, and real taxidermy out there. they could run that show for years. as well as a peek in to taxinet, for a little drama :)

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Was a hit to who? It was cancelled after one abreviated season. That isn't a hit, that is a dismal failure.

5. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

GUYS the PROCESS of taxidermy IS BORING to the general public....When I was at Artprize I talked to over 200,000 people,over 14 days.. NOT ONE asked how the animals were mounted, the process ...they just wanted to know the engineering of the mount, because that was interesting...You could not keep the attention of the avrage person when seting an eye..or claying an ear muscle....or sewing
    GET over it.... I like the show.

6. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I said it after the first show , "the show really $ucks ".

7. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

charlie chans work sucked........

8. reddogloki

reddogloki New Member

It seems to represent most taxidermists as freaks who like to use animal parts to make unnatural behemoths. Personally, don't like it.

9. *

Closed minded people, and some of you want to call yourself Artists but can't understand others art but yours...
    Jackie Chan...lol hit the mark. he had emotion and the wow factor and did the job of hitting the theme.

The other taxidermist needed to be on "TANKED" the fish tank show, the only thing he was missing was the bubbles....
    He had to tell the judges what his theme was, IF you have to explain your piece to someone and they can't see it by viewing it then you missed your mark.

10. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I went to sleep watching it!

11. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I have never watched the show. And won't. This industry either gets portrayed as a bunch of goofy, eccentric folks playing with dead animals. Or, in the case of Mounted in Alaska, it's okay, but uninteresting to common folk after the first show or two.

12. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    I can see both sides. Only being in the business going on 5 years now, I find most of it interesting. As a taxidermist trying to build a reputable business I find it demeaning. By having a taxidermist as a judge you get the critique for the technical side of the work and by adding in a judge that represents just the average general public you get the view of the layman's side. I am still giving the show a couple of more tries.

13. SHAZAAAM! HAHAHA. Wheres the thumbs down button?

14. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

I turned the TV on and saw the last 3-4 minutes. That was enough to see that crappy 5 headed whatever win. Last time I waste 3-4 minutes viewing that crappy show.

15. *

Showmanship Sells guys, I'll bet Jackie Chan makes a LOT more than any of you and probably me and works FAR less than any of us. Look how many people will be and ARE talking about him. THAT turns INTO CASH. That piece did did will sell. How many mounts are hanging on your walls you are trying to move???? GET over it. I'm all in on this show!

16. Cool Sculptor

Cool Sculptor Member

Boring is still Boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. quest

quest Member

Utah
    That form of taxidermy has a place but its not the norm. I don't like it!!!

18. duckfeathers

duckfeathers New Member

TV shows are only Entertainment.. And only entertainment. ,, Anyone who believes what they see/hear on TV as reality surely voted for Obama... TV is going to be the end of us all some day... Ha haha........

19. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Preception always has and always will trump reality. That is the foundation of salesmanship.

20. *

X2 JIM :D, You say it SOOO much better than I can...and a lot less words. Thank you sir.