1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

immortalized what a joke

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by boarzhead, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

this could be the most gay show ever on tv

2. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

You talked to 200,000 people??

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Yes Major,I was there fo 14 days, only left for the bathroom. 12 to 14 hours per day and the amount of people that came thru the door by the guards counters was over 250,000 in that time. I would get groups of 100 or more standing around every few mintues and I'd talk about the mount then 3 to 5 mintue later another 100 +gathered around and I'd it again. At certain points during artprize peolpe had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get inside The Gerald R Ford Museum to see The Chase.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I liked the one with Page. I can't wrap my mind around some of the other stuff. These other art forms have there place in the more obscure area's of taxidermy and they may have found an avenue to reach a broader audience. I can barely wrap a deer cape around a foam form, so who am I to say what is art. All I know is what I like and I don't have to like something to appreciate it for what it is.

5. *

This show was never meant to appeal to taxidermists. They knew it would not interest you. This show was not put on air to teach you something about doiing better taxidermy. It's entertainment for the public that thinks we are wierd anyway, I just go with the flow SHHHHHAAAA ZZZAAAMMMM! ;D

6. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

Ya art is art but come on. Did you see what the foxes close up looked like. Some looked like they had no eyes, hair was never combed. Just a disgrace to those animals

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Didn't you all learn something from the show? Nobody does skin mount fish anymore and also replicas aren't taxidermy. WTF, neither is a turd with five heads. I think the show is goofy but as * said the wow factor is what sells no matter how rediculous it is. We all put our blood, sweat and maybe a little saliva into our mounts just like whats his face told the judges he did.

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

so its a joke...at least its better than watching honey boo boo or nascar......free publicity!

9. *

10. I have the same view's as most of you guy's. But I have learned two things in the last 6 months:
    1. Taxidermists dont choose whats on TV
    2. Taxidermists dont pick the Presidency

11. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

ROFLMAO. HOW TRUE

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Not in all cases! Don't assume that because someone is a Taxidermist they fall lock step in with the right wing of this country.

As for the crybaby Jap ... if I'm not mistaken, he was arrested last year for dealing in Endangered Species. Oh but it's for Art ... short for Arthur, by the way!

13. *

You ARE mistaken John, there you go again, throwing your accusations around and putting someones name on it when your wrong. You need to learn to do a little research before you open your mouth and preach from the" Book of John".
    It was Enrique Gomez De Molina, Not, Takeshi Yamada has never violated the Endangered Species Act.

14. immortalized what a joke

I think when we hear of a "Taxidermy Show" we envision a American Chopper type format. Can you imagine-on this weeks show, Sr comes down hard on JR for running out of hide paste, and it's crunch time, with the convention only weeks away.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. *

Dennis jumps all over Paul for not being on time and not getting the ears prepped fast enough, Jamie rods the support leg by mistake with the all thread instead of the welded support rod and The Boss flips out, Dingy is out back smoking a dube' ,while Andrew is throwing things all over because he's mad about working the weekend. Paul's sick of Hannity on the radio saying dirty air and dirty water and he's and enough of it and the boss and throws the radio... It hits Dingy coming in from outside and in his stuper he Yells," HAY what did I DO !" Andrew yells NOTHING shut up and do your work. I need a beer" and the shop rolls right along......2 week to go...

16. immortalized what a joke

LMAO!!! I believe a day at your shop could fill a 12 episode season! And it would be entertaining for all viewers!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Now that is a reality show Dennis, but like you said, not sure too many folks other than us that would watch it.

18. *

That would only take you to the first commercial....

19. John L

John L Active Member

I liked the episode with Page and the end of the world theme. The first one with the bug guy was ok. The last one was lame. If they wanted taxidermy the otter was stuffed. The fish piece was much better all around. The only thing I will give the immortalizer is that he was more in line with the theme.

20. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I'll open my mouth again and say that the multi headed abortion was a regular piece of s,hit. Dirty fur, and faces that would make any old Victorian Fox mask look good! I've seen more plushies with better mounted heads than that POS! Of course anyone who is into crap anatomy, and little to no attention to anatomical requirements would love this POS show. Figures! You can't expect much from a show that follows 'Freakshow!' Yeah great line-up. Mounted In Alaska was a MUCH better show by far. It's just too bad there are so many asses out there that prefer this nonsense to actual quality Taxidermy. I just hope Page will not knuckle under to this lowest common denominator and drop his standards for this POS show. And Paul Rhymer ... how sad. A Smithsonian Museum taxidermist, picking the crap of the crop. I guess they pay him enough to through his standards and reputation out the frigging window! This show is a total POS and deserves a swift and unadorned death.