1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

immortalized what a joke

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by boarzhead, Mar 1, 2013.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I didn't know you had a show on before the Immortilizer, I missed it.

2. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

good one Dennis!

3. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

I did like the second and third episodes. I do think if this show makes it to another season, they need to get a bit more organized. I don't really see how you can judge two completely different kinds of art. One was more like rogue taxidermy, and the other was more modern taxidermy. Two very different forms of art expression. I think if they need to keep rogue with rogue, modern with modern, traditional with traditional. Or possibly giving each taxidermist, the same supplies to work with, and having them create a masterpiece based off their imagination VS. giving them each 5 grand to do whatever they like with. Just like the episode with Page and CJ, CJ's was far more elaborate, many mounts in one. If the show would have given Page and CJ, both a Bobcat and a Bird, with a large room full of habitat supplies, various forms, displays, etc. I could then see the show being more understandable for the viewers, more accurate for judging. I realize the show is going for the WOW factor, and the WOW factor is a money maker. I think this show could be a very great show. I just think whoever is running the production of it, directing it, does'nt know enough about taxidermy, cause if they did know, it would be more organized. And they would know that you don't put a traditional modern taxidermist against a rogue taxidermist. Those are two very different kinds of art.

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I dont quite agree with that. I understand it as your opinion though, of course. Ill use an example of how or why they purposely do compare apples to oranges there...

Remember the old Flintstones show? It seemed every episode that someone misunderstood something that you, the viewer, could see. As a kid youd be hollering at the tv saying "just tell them" so that everyone would know, and Fred wouldnt get in the predicament he was in. Just like the Jetsons, lol.

Same with this show. It works on the premise of confusion, or angst, or emotion. Its not for the purists, its for the public to laugh at, or pick a favorite from. Its not for me, but I know the guys Im friends with are having a blast doing it. I also can tell theres a few of my other friends hoping to get involved in future episodes. Thats good enough for me...

5. I think taxidermists are the only ones watching it lol. Will be interesting to see if it comes back. I think this will be a one season show.

6. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

I am open minded, I agree with everyone's opinions and ideas. I think only time will tell, where this show goes. Whether it's getting positive or negative attention, it is getting attention. It is definitely raising some eyebrows. I've seen that alot of people find it offensive. So Immortalized is definitely getting known. Sometimes even lots of negatives, can turn into positives. I'm not at all against the show. I think the first episode was a bit corny and by first impression it turned me away, but I gave it another shot, the last two shows I enjoyed. It's not everyday tv, it is something very different, and to me in this day and age, different works!

7. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

OMFG, do they really consider an arts and crafts spider creature taxidermy ???

8. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

Yeah, last night's episode was really blah. I didn't like either piece. Dave did a decent job on the eagle but whatever that THING was...it was not taxidermy by any stretch of the word. ...And that highly medicated woman, drowned in gin, that made it, not much better.

9. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

I watched for the first and last time last night, what a waste of time.

10. immortalized what a joke

The eagle won by a single point in the scoring system. I think I heard the judges say something like, if the creature were placed over a bed instead of a couch.... The show is obviously more interested in shock with rogue themes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. The Eagle had a nice beak.... :)

12. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Is the image of taxidermy or taxidermists uplifted by this show? No. Bottom line is that the show sucks.

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Depends on who is watching.