1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ March Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ March Addition 2013!!!!!!!

I would typically say a warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire but it is still winter here and it has been a snowy one thus far!! I sure hope you are all staying warm and enjoying the winter so far! It is the beginning of the convention time of the year and I sure hope your taking advantage of a wonderful opportunity to learn, make friends and really get some tremendous inspiration! Join a State association and make it a ritual to feel your creative soul!

I’ll be seeing some of you at the Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Minnesota Taxidermy convention in the upcoming month and I Hope to see you there supporting your State associations!

Just an update on our friend Dennis AKA Denn007 Murawska! Dennis has given us a few PMs and to let us know that he and his family are working hard at picking up the pieces. Good for you Dennis and Good for the wonderful taxidermy community we have that joins together when it counts! That’s why I’m proud to be a Taxidermist!

I absolutely once again want to commend all of you, as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of March with a great friend to all of us, and wonderful contributor Mr. Travis Petersons of Prince of Whales Alaska! You’ll be hard pressed to find a more kind and wonderful taxidermist and talented to boot! Travis sent me a great photo or 2 of a beautiful Silver Phase Chinook salmon! Well done!

I hope you enjoy this fish work by our friend and fellow fishhead Travis Peterson!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in April 2013!!

So here we go and here is to a great March and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Mr. Travis Peterson Chinook Salmon!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Travis, that king looks absolutely REAL!! Beautiful WORK, well done!!!

Jeff ;)

3. Bryan Russell

Bryan Russell Active Member

Black Crappie.
    [​IMG]

4. Very nice Salmon and Crappie.

5. Beautiful work, makes me want to get in the shop and get back at it!

Casey

6. I may be tempted to bet that salmon ain't dead .......

7. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Great Salmon and Crappie. Here's my entry from the Indiana show a couple weeks ago. Original cast.
    Best, Steve

Attached Files:

8. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

9. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

10. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Congrats Steve,beautiful job !!!!! 8)

11. Excellent Crappie Steven!
    Your spot pattern on the fins is Exceptional ! Good Work..

12. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Here's a Lake Erie Trib skin mount steelhead. I was also fortunate enough to have this fish selected as one of the finalists in the Angler's Artistry Fish Pic contest. Thanks Rick, Kathie and Crew. I'm very humbled by the fish work shown here every week and to be selected as a "finalist" is amazing to me.
    And NO....this is not an ad!

[​IMG]

13. bwilke

bwilke Member

Very nice crappie Steve! Congrats!

14. Bryan Russell

11 lb. Sheepshead. A new mold I just made.
    [​IMG]

15. Steven Klee

Thanks so much guys. There certainly are some nice fish to start this month. Super steelhead Paul, and that sheepshead is awesome Bryan. I grew up in Biloxi Ms and have caught a ton of em'. Brings back many memories.
    Steve

16. ryanstraw

ryanstraw my first brook trout on a fly 13"

Awesome fish so far Paul love that steelhead

17. Bryan Russell

Thanks Steve!
    Heres a head shot:
    [​IMG]

18. Thank you for the nice compliments! Thank you Rick for posting it. Also, a big thank you Jeff for making such a great product SLL.
    Paul that Steelhead is crazy awesome! I love coming to TMIFP and be so inspired. So many talented fishheads sharing their beautiful work.
    Travis

19. loving the fish guys. congratulations on your crappie Steven. tough 1 to pull off and you did a super job.

20. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Red sea perch from Norway, skin mount, 8kg ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]