1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Neat little whitetail

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by backstapwillie, Mar 2, 2013.

1. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

Thought I would share this one because of the unique color. This guy had many issues when he came through the door, first off he was shot through the neck with a 30-06 ballistic tip, had been riding around in the back of a truck for a week and was half rotten. I had to try and save him because of the cool color and the hair was very soft almost like rabbit fur. This little guy was only 12 inches tight at the ears and the brisket was slipping badly. I also had about a 16 inch rip in the neck from the bullet to deal with. Not my best mount but for what I had to work with I hope I did him justice.

[​IMG]

2. backstapwillie

.Here is the backskin

[​IMG]][/img]

3. backstapwillie

[​IMG]][/img]

4. backstapwillie

[im[​IMG]g][/img]

5. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

Nice job Backstrap!! cool little whitetail indeed

6. WV Outdoorsman

WV Outdoorsman New Member

Very unique color! Sounds like he was a challenge and it turned out nice. Thanks for sharing!!!

WVO

7. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

That is one cool looking deer! Great save. It almost looks like someone took a bottle of clairol to it and bleached it out.

8. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Very cool! Looks great for what you had to work with. Shame it wasnt taken care of better before it got to you.