1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sometimes you gotta get in where you fit in....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Mar 2, 2013.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Long way for a burger, but damn well worth it ;)

[​IMG]

2. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Looks cold!!!!!!

3. michael p.

But he's a good cook! Think he's going on Top Chef since he refuses to do Immortilizers ;)

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Damn, I can almost smell them!

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Looks like the little dog is waiting for George to drop one of those burgers.

6. michael p.

Man we had a GOOD time!!! Brian Claar held a mini-seminar on nose finishing!! LOL

Seriously though, I got to see Ms. Connie, which I have been wanting to do so darn bad. Everybody has an 'impression' of George from here, if you truly knew him as many of us do you would know he is one of the kindest, funniest men in taxidermy.

It's cool when like minded people get around each other, it's just a great bond. Shasta and her husband James are damn good folks and it sure was fun having them over for a while.

Brian and I are now about 50 miles from John & Carol Janelli's home in Union City, New Jersey where we will spend the rest of the evening listening to Johns awesome stories on Taxidermy history and then in the morning Brian has a client in New York City to meet up with and deliver work.

Been an exhausting, but WONDERFUL day!

Thank you once again George & Connie for your amazing hospitality!!! We love y'all!

[​IMG]

7. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

James and I had a great time and you are 100% right about George..miss Connie is a doll and Brian that nose sure did look good!

8. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Two miles and counting!

9. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

George, are you sucking in?

10. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Where is the dang "Like" button on here, great picture of you guys! Looks like good times!

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

No Ron. I was actually leaning back on the freeze. When Michael saw the picture, he said I look like Cole Cruikshank. Damn that, I'm starting a diet today.

12. Hey Mike, Just drive a couple more hours NORTH into snow country and well put your Texas a## on a snow slide. LOL, Have a safe trip.

Gregg Ielfield

13. michael p.

Ha-ha, wish I could, but we have to get back to Brian's, he's got family to take care of.
    Man we had a great time! Stayed up till 3:30 AM this morning talking and looking at Taxidermy history. I haven't been up that late in years!!

A motley Crüe! :)
    [​IMG]

Where Alexander Hamilton got whacked!
    [​IMG]

Now that's some Jersey pizza!
    [​IMG]

Beautiful New York City!
    [​IMG]

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I miss my old buddy George and the always wonderful Miss Connie!

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

LMAO...........ut oh.

16. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Hey that grass looks like mine, dead. George you look better in that pic than you do in your Personalized Picture, LOL. Looks like you guys had a great time. I haven't been to New York yet but my wife said its fun maybe one of these days..

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

It's not much of a secret what Michael Schlabach means to me on a personal level, but when he's around, you can't help but have a happy heart. I told him today on the phone, due to Connie's illness, I haven't been able to "talk shop" with taxidermists for years. Then to have those three in the shop was nothing short of a breath of fresh air to me. Shasta is new to this business and was certainly seemed receptive to all the advice she got. (I felt bad for James, her husband. He's a nice looking guy but with all the banter we had, he sat dutifully by as we ran our mouths continuously. I finally dragged him down to my gun room so we could talk about something that interested him.) It was just a superb time and I loved every minute of their short visit. Thanks guys, I needed that.

18. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun bunch.

I haven't met James or Shasta yet, but I've got to know James' Dad. I bet he enjoyed your gun room.

19. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

George, there are many here who love you. Even when we're not there, we still are. Glad you had a nice visit friend.

20. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I hope to meet you someday and chew the fat, I met Mike for the first time a few weeks ago. We had a pretty good time here in Indiana just hanging out and doing some taxidermy.