1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hide paste search is over

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skulley, Mar 2, 2013.

1. today i mounted a bighorn sheep and used pro 1 hide paste. i cant believe how easy the cape was to taxi around and the second i let go of it, it stayed exactly where i left it. had been using 555. i have got to find a way to get it without shipping. just an outstanding paste. easy to put on and get a nice even layer, no drips etc. etc. wow

2. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

Don't count your chickens yet... not saying anything bad about the paste... I wanna hear about it after it has time to dry and no drumming occurs.

3. The stuff is excellent...if the fit is right and hide is properly tanned nothing will happen. It still surprises me...I use the lay method on my eyes and you can place your hide and almost just forget it because it is not moving...

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

There are already 100's of chickens that have crowed that the end results are excellent!

I still use my concoction because I mix different thicknesses up for different mounts, but if I switched, it would be to Pauls Pro-1

5. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Been using it for about two years ,good past . ;) :D

6. jorgy

jorgy Member

Is there only one place to get it?

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

No drumming here, now go buy a gallon and wise up.

8. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I've been using 555 for awhile now. I've heard so much good about the pro 1 I'm gonna order some Monday.

9. It is an outstanding product. Down the road-

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I used the 555, now some of my best friends still do,,, but next time, do this test, glue a skin up with your 555, the next day, roll the skin a side and see how much 555 is on the form, it has a high water content, the water will leach into the skin, and you will have 222 left on the form.

11. backcountrychad

I'll do that T. Thanks man.

12. When I first got some three years ago I took a couple pieces of wet tanned scrap elk and deer cape and did some test on a junk form. 1) just glue on a seam butted up 2) stitched seam glued 3) and glued seam with 1/4" finish staples every 1/4 inch. Groomed the seams and left them. Just tossed that form a couple months ago and you could not tell there was a seam in any of them. On the seam that was just glued not only was there no gaps but you really had to look to find the seam at all. It took a lot of force to tear all of them off three years later. Great stuff! Down the road-

13. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

I used to use 555 ......I will NEVER EVER go
    back after usiing pro 1 ! without a doubt the
    best I've ever used and I dont give a shart
    how much it cost , my customers pay for it
    not me lol !

14. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Whats the shelf life on pro 1 like? Does it mold easy?

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Its definitely good stuff, but then again, I still like BS, McKen and Mikes mix with 111. Pauls stuff is thicker though, which is something I prefer.

16. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I like to mix it with 555, It's too thick for me

17. where can the Pro 1 be purchased?

18. If you guys don't like the thickness you can mix it up and it will get thinner.

19. backcountrychad

http://pro1performancechemicals.com/Feature_Products.html
    This is where I found it.

20. Pulled the bag off this am. A couple of air pockets but that sheep hasn't moved at all. I stirred that stuff before putting it on, it got a wee bit "creamier" but not really any thinner. I also recently switched to the lay method and found the eyes straying just a bit with the 555. Nothing that couldn't be managed but with the pro1 they don't seem to be going anywhere.