1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hide paste search is over

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skulley, Mar 2, 2013.

1. C.J. I'm begining to think your biggest fan is Huntman, or a stalker, not sure which! Huntman please explain?

2. Must be his magnetic personality?? ;)

3. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

Need to find out what this stuff is. Remember no glue is made soley for this industry. It is usually made for some other purpose . Usually labels are swapped and or it is re-packaged and sold for double the money. Just my experience over 25 yrs in the buissness.

4. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

This one was made FOR taxidermy.

5. redog76

redog76 New Member

#BeardEnvy

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Why would you do that? You mean, like your customers should find out how to mount their own heads because your work is double the money?

7. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

There is always some one trying to figure out "what this stuff is". ie. Stop Rot, Stop Slip, Aqua Clear, Pro 1 and the list goes on and on. I don't care, I just pass the cost on through my pricing. And if the customer doesn't like it, he can go down the road to find the lower price/quality.

8. redog76

redog76 New Member

Why would you do that? You mean, like your customers should find out how to mount their own heads because your work is double the money?
    [/quote]

There is always some one trying to figure out "what this stuff is". ie. Stop Rot, Stop Slip, Aqua Clear, Pro 1 and the list goes on and on. I don't care, I just pass the cost on through my pricing. And if the customer doesn't like it, he can go down the road to find the lower price/quality.
    [/quote]

the key ingredient is elmers glue. let me know how that works out for ya.

9. if it aint broke leave it alone. that's also why they dont let just any idiot buile their own spaceship and launch from their backyard. EXCEPT maybe in texas lol for you m.p.

10. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

OK folks, I mounted 2 WT's Monday using my new PRO-1 hide paste. The difference in 555 and Pro-1 is unbelievable! I always bag my deer over night the first week after mounting and then "chase" or adjust a couple times during the day in the shop. On these 2 deer, I adjusted the eyes late on Tuesday. And basically I've not had to really touch them since! I always stuff the nostril's with the small bubble wrap in packing from McKenzie's, removed that today, nothings moved! The lip lines have required NO re-tucking at all. So far so good. I'm VERY impressed.

11. verne

verne Well-Known Member

exactly Backcountry ;) ;D

12. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

The only similarity in the two is this....they both arrive in buckets. Convenience of getting 555 is the only thing that it 'wins' on. There is simply NO comparison.

13. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    found 555 for 65$ a 5 gal. now that one just threw a monkey wrench into my thinking. was thinking i need to switch to pro1 and not give a hoot about the price difference. but 65$ for 5 gals is something to think about. if pro 1 stops any and all movement in tear-ducks then i'm sold. What can anyone tell me about that???

14. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Re: Re: hide paste search is over

well if it holds the lip line on an open mouth, id bet it would lock them good

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

15. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

If you shave it thin at least an inch back from the duct and make sure to get glue in your crease, it wont move. I no longer sew my tear ducts shut if they open up. And I only use four pins in an entire mount. The front corners of the eye, and inside the nostrils on the edge of the nose pad. And after it dries I sometimes pull all four. Stuff works.

16. i am willing to bet that anyone that tries a gallon of pro-1 wont go back to 555.

17. Bill Yox

Dont bet...lol. I like it, and a couple of others, for different reasons. So I use them all.

18. nobody wants to hear from a hasbeen billy boy!! lol

19. Bill Yox

lol

20. I would like to know the difference between this pro 1 stuff and buckeye?? A couple people have asked but I havent really read a straight answer yet.. the price isnt a issue. If you want quality your going to pay.. so please some 1 explain the difference as of right now i'm set with buckeye.. ?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire