1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA Artisan Award Recipient Pictures! ! ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kerby Ross, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

2. adamstaxidermy

adamstaxidermy New Member

Sure wish I needed to send you my information for this...What an awesome award. The winner at our state show got to personally receive the award from Ken Walker himself....What an Honor!....Someday I will take home one of these wonderful little bears, and if not, I will become a much better taxidermist for the efforts in trying...THANK YOU to the UTA!

3. Kerby Ross

Just......

Just received pic and info from Jerry Huffaker from the 2012 Oklahoma Taxidermists Association show. It is updated.

Still need more!

:)

Kerby...

4. Kathy

Kathy Active Member

Matching up the photos with the name and year are harder than you thought, huh -- I LOVE THIS.

5. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I spoke with Billy today will be sending my photo soon :D

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Rhonda...did you win that award? How awesome. Congrats.

7. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Yes I did Tim and Thank you ;D I won it with my two 2 day old lab /boxer mix puppys at the Georgia show in February.I have to tell you it was Freakin Awesome and what a beautiful award it is .

8. I will have a couple coming your way soon Kerby, FL and GA. SC and VA will follow shortly thereafter.

9. Dave Schmidt won his 4th in a row at the Wiscoinsin Show. I'm sure he'll be sending in a photo.

10. Kerby Ross

I only have....

I only have 2012 and 2011 from Dave Schmidt. When he sends his 2013 have him send his 2010 pic as well.

Thanks

Kerby...

11. I clicked on your link and I see there is a picture of Dave, for 2010, if you still need one, I can let him know. Thanks Ryan

12. Just curious? What are the qualifications/criteria for this award? I was looking at past photos but didn't actually see what receiving this means?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Agren, the criteria for the Artisan is competitors choice. Anyone who is competing gets a ballot. The UTA's flagship award is to honor the opinion of the fellow competitors and to celebrate what "they" believe is the best piece in the show.

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Being judged as the best piece in the show by your piers... Man..it doesn't get any better than that. What an honor.

15. Thanks that was what I was looking for! Definatley a true honor indeed!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. adamstaxidermy

adamstaxidermy New Member

The award itself is a Bear Statue which was sculpted by Mr. Ken Walker...I think it would go with nearly anyone's decor, but would look best displayed MY living Room.

17. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Kerby, I am trying to get you updated on pictures for the Association of Indiana Taxidermists. I have sent requests out to all the folks who have recieved this awesome award in the past.

18. Kerby Ross

Thanks Brad!

Thanks Brad!

Kerby...