1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What have you accidentally dropped into your pickle bath?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by ginevive, Mar 4, 2013.

1. tuckertan

tuckertan New Member

there is something seriously wrong if you think there is something funny or worth laughing at when someone says they're child fell into a pickle.. what's wrong with you? it's embarrassing to the person who said that in a public forum to a bunch of strangers. NOT A LAUGHING MATTER!!!!! THEIR CHILD COULD HAVE SUFFERED SERIOUS INJURY, OR DIED..

yes i admit to accidents happening in my life, though i do strive to avoid such things though. especially harmful or dangerous acts of stupidity..

2. Ok. Let's not only ban all accidents, but also ban senses of humor to deal with situations that ended well. Nice.

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Ok, this got reported. Im not saying by who, or why. Im just saying, as a mod, are we really going to argue this, too??? I think the most effective way to moderate sometimes is to just let people work it out. have fun, Im off to the Iowa show to judge.

4. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Tucker tan...Oh my hell...you my friend obviously don't have kids. Dans my brother and i can vouch that hes an awesome dad...you are an idiot

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

5. Things happen. Kids are unpredictable. I once babysat a friend's kid, and I literally looked away from him for 30 seconds while I was cleaning something.. in that time, the kid had drawn in marker all over a wall. I dunno.. short of caging a kid up in a box or padding all of your furniture with layers of bubble wrap might eliminate accidents.. but life is a risk from the moment your feet hit the floor in the morning; sometimes before.

6. tuckertan

tuckertan New Member

wow... amazing.. the only thing worth laughing at in this forum are your guys opinions about kids and how you obviously have no sense of the importance of how much care and attention they actually need to ensure their safety. this is ridiculous how you guys can't see what i'm getting at, and i'm turning out to be the bad guy. brigham boy, you're brother, by the sounds of the only thing that i know about him from what he posted, doesn't sound like a responsible parent. and your childish response, name calling is absurd. droid baby? LOL.. grow up and acknowledge that your brother allowed for a circumstance that could have had disastrous results. and your telling me i'm an idiot...

great thred to show how stupid humans really can be.. THANK YOU...

Jen, there's a difference between accidents and your lack of ability to look after a child. the fact that children are SO accident prone, or curious to explore without knowledge of consequences, only dictates that if you're getting PAID to look after them, you should have been doing your job.

i don't feel i'm being unreasonable at all with the truth that i'm trying to express here about the dangers of the CHEMICALS used in tanning. and how it's important to RESPECT your JOB. and i'm getting in trouble, and look like an asshole... fancy that...

ps. this thread is extremely humorous!!! though i'm laughing at most of your guys ignorance...

7. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

tuckertan, you obviously have no idea that posting "droid baby!!" implies that he uses his "droid" phone to post to the site, it wasn't directed as a shot at you, perhaps you need to get a better understanding of technology.

As far as some of the comments you have made, I guess you have never made a mistake that others would chastise you for! You're obviously the worlds BEST parent. You CANNOT keep an eye on ANYTHING 100% of the time children included. Children have a sense of adventure and curiosity and imagination that should NOT be stifled.

Its fortunate that the child was not harmed and it was a lesson learned and I would bet it has never been repeated by big dan.

8. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Holy! Even one hundred percent supervision will not prevent accidents from happening with kids. Yesterday my almost two year old fell off the couch. I was six feet away from him reading a story to my three year old. Am I a bad parent? I don't think so. Sh*t happens.
    Hey Jen that's happened to me too, clean up one mess and turn around to another! :D
    Oh and I have not dropped anything in my pickle yet.... Fingers crossed lol ;)

9. Before I built my shop, my bathroom and tanning room were the same thing (I am single, so no problem). My bathroom isn't that big. More than one issue of Breakthrough slipped out of the magazine rack into the pickle! PH papers too! Been there, done that.

10. tuckertan

tuckertan New Member

you guys don't get it at all.. and i'm sorry for that.

ted, your comments are redundant, learn to read! i did mention that i have made mistakes and i'm not perfect... but good for you for getting you're half a cent in. and YES you can keep your eye 100% on anything that you choose if it means that much to you.

just because someone decides to have kids, and defends their idea of what they think a good parents is, doesn't make you one. in my opinion, which obviously means NOTHING here, a fall off the couch to a two year old could have broken their neck. pay attention to your kids to ensure their SAFETY.

i'm not saying anything out of the ordinary, and i can't for the life of me understand how i'm the bad guy here.. i'm actually trying to encourage people to look after their kids, and respect the harmful chemicals in a tannery.

11. Megan :)

DO YOU HAVE KIDS? I doubt it.
    Also, you do not know me or my two year old!!! He's fast, he landed on his hands and knees.
    I guess to prevent any and all accidents we need to keep kids in the padded room you vacated prematurely.

12. brigham boy

utah
    I think your the one that doesn't get it....listen mr. Perfect, practice on a gold fish before you ever have kids, because you're in for a surprise.

And yes i still think you're an idiot

Droid baby....Droid baby..Droid baby

Your a joke.

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

13. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

I hereby nominate tucker for parent of the year, who's with me?

14. tuckertan

tuckertan New Member

i wish you guys could only see yourself and your absurdness.

15. brigham boy

utah
    I wish i could witness your first parenting mistake...its apparent that you're mom or dad dropped you on your head when you were a baby....have you forgiven them yet? For there imperfections!:eek:

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

16. Allie

Allie Member

Who wants to take bets that the kid who fell into the pickle will grow up to become a tanner?

17. Heck the only way a kid will learn if you let them find out the hard way I tell my 5 year old once if he don't listen that's on him and he knows this . That's the way I was raised got the scars to prove it .

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. brigham boy

utah
    Re: Re: What have you accidentally dropped into your pickle bath?

x2

Keep your eye on them the best you can, have faith the lord will watch them when you can't, love them, laugh with them, make life FUN for them and communicate and be patient with them. Roll with the punches, as a family.

Parenting in a nutshell

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

19. Megan :)

Re: Re: What have you accidentally dropped into your pickle bath?

Well said!

20. tuckertan

tuckertan New Member

you guys are just mean at this point.