1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Having Fun With Hide Paste 5 Day Update Now 10 day Update

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Doug Motgomery, Mar 4, 2013.

1. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

I use 555 also, but use either 'Headlock or Killer Glue' on the muzzle and eyes. I've used 555 on the eyes and muzzle with good results, but had a few times where there was a little pull so that's why I went with the 2 part. The way some are talking, I am going to try some Pro-1 for my own experience. If it works as they are reporting, that's one less product to have in stock.

2. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA

I'm a big Pro 1 fan and use on whole mount. But just another thought it could be skin alignment in these areas. Make sure you have loose skin there and around there and that could possibly help minimize dru miming there.

3. Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

i use to have major pulling/shrinkage around the eyes. shaving super thin took care of a lot of it. then i finally figured out that if i taxi the skin PROPERLY it alleviated almost all the rest of my pulling. switching to lay method on eyes made things much easier for me and now using the pro1 seems to have been the final touch. nothing pulling,moving,shrinkin or drummin. i really pay close attention to the eyes on day 2 right before closing up for the night. i hate it when my glands open up.

4. Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

!

5. country

country New Member

6. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

Anyone wanna buy 5gals of mckenzie paste brand new never opened? I just got it in, but I think I'm gonna try the winner of this test.

7. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

LOL I have never used McKenzie glue, and its probably a good hide paste, you need to try it and and see if you like it or not.
    This test that I am doing is just for me and my shop under my condition. You can use all the glue you want and if you don't prep your skin right you will have different results. My theory is your skin should be thin and dry as you can stand it before you put it on the manikin. 3 days to go....

8. Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

Doug, did you prep the form ? The form looks vary shiny in the pic.
    I prep every inch of every form. I prep my fish and even small things like squirrel.

9. Doug Motgomery

Ya I just sanded where I need to do the test.

10. Neverwood

Neverwood New Member

Marking. I love little experiments like this.

11. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Nice looking brown bear. About time someone puts one on here that has nice feet ,ears and nose work.

12. Doug Motgomery

2 Days to go....

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Doug, which glue will you use to keep the rug on top with?

14. Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

Dammit lowT I just shot Pepsi out my nose!!

15. Doug Motgomery

LOL T what ever it takes.....

16. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

17. Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

Joey ,who is that good looking guy standing next to you

18. Re: Having Fun With Hide Paste

$$

19. roonie

roonie Member

so Doug...tell us....do you have a form of measurement designed to record the amount of pull it takes remove one of those patches of hair or would just sight testing involved. Guess you could always dig up your fish scale and pull away. Would be interesting to see what changes take place on a concave rather than a convex surface. Should equal out i guess...no?