1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

sewing

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by mark73, Mar 5, 2013.

1. mark73

mark73 New Member

What's deal with spiderwire? Is it easier to work with or makes a less noticeable place in a cape. I was just curious because I hear a lot about it on here

2. gasman1

gasman1 The Big One Almost Got Away

N.C
    Mark I use fireline because it is small and strong, easy to hide

3. clear fishing line . look in the sports dept. at wally world . Its a name brand fish line that dosent strech . mark c

4. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

X2 ...and it doesn't stretch back apart. I have it in size 4 to 20, hides beautifully and doesn't snag up ever.

5. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Fireline here too! Just make sure you tie the starting and ending points very well because single knots don't hold well.

6. mark73

mark73 New Member

Thanks for info. Hadn't really thot about fishing line for sewing capes but I'm just getting started doing taxidermy work.something I've always wanted to do

7. You welcome

8. I have recently used it on the last two deer that I did; it does a great job for its size and strength.

9. I like the braided line. You can fray the end and get 3 or 4 smaller threads that are strong as heck, really good for small tight stitches