1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

something new for you fleshing people .

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by mark c, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Ive been doing fleshing for a good while and there are a lot of things that I dont like . The nose of a hog or even the lips . deer you can use this trick if you wish , it was a great thing as far as im concerned . Any one that fleshes 4-6 a day will tell you its tough work . Here is the simplest way I now ,,, take a tennis ball after the lips have been turned and stick it i the nose lightly tuch it to the fleshing blde and wow dose it help . move the ball down the lip line and keep fleshing . im telling you this is the greatest way , no cut fingers no holes and fast as it gets , thinking out side the box , its been a while snce ive been on here so here you go one on the house LIGHTLY is the word i would express to you im useeing a D-5 for this trick . good luck mark c

2. yaaaa i see there are a buch of non bleavers

3. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Why do you say there are a bunch of non believers? I will try it.

4. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I will definitely try it! Sounds like an awesome idea. I already lost the pad on the tip of my right index finger a few years ago from my Dakota Pro. Got a little too confident and it bit me hard. They had to take meat off my wrist to reconstruct the finger pad. Wish I had your tip back then! Thanks.

5. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I'll try that tomorrow! Sounds like it would work for me.

6. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i been doing it that way for a few years now. ;) i like it. ;D

7. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

That's a good tip. I normally use a fleshing horn, some guys use a light bulb or fence post topper.

8. the horn is ok! but the ball gives a little and is easeier to work with becuase of the fuzz . It wont slide around ,clean up is simple just wash with soap and water .

9. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

thanks . Sounds like a cool trick.

;D ;D ;D ;D

10. wright

wright Timothy Wright

i tried it tonight,,awesome..i was skeered to try with my fleshing wheel, but worked great with my skife knife.. i am gonna look for a pet one that is larger

thanks

tim

11. jerseiler1981

jerseiler1981 New Member

I've been using a light bulb, but it does get a bit odd to handle at times and slips around a bit more...i'll have to try the tennis ball

12. Hey Mark, Would you come on over and show me how that works? Sounds like a great idea but if I could see it done on, oh, let say 15/20 capes Id be willing to bet you would have me sold.

13. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

How does it protect against holes on the fleshing wheel? I usually use a skife and put the lips and eyes over a round fence post cap that I have screwed into my table.

14. Hay festis you want to do them no problem Travel 1500.00 up frount 125.55 per cape and 1.00 for the look on your face when im done , your funnie wish you had that to do dont you . Im mounting 12 pigs at a low price be glad to help you out in aug. 2013 smile a while it works like a dream.. mark c

15. Hey, Can't blame a guy for trying. LOL

16. just learnin

just learnin Member

can you post an illustration for this idiot.