1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New way??? For NTA

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by millardtaxi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Anybody read "Animal Farm"? Good intentions can't stand without good people.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I think we need to find articulate, professional, educated taxidermists to represent the industry as board members. Ok, once you all are done laughing at that, lol, Ill resume...The current method of a few with agendas, some yes men, and a few who try but get outvoted and threatened and run out in ridicule is surely a system that wont work any longer.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I couldn't agree more with you Bill.

4. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

I also agree Bill. And I do believe there are good people out there able to do this the right way

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Too often it becomes a popularity contest instead...or worse, one good officer winds up doing the majority of the work. Or, then theres the members election publically thats actually...shhh... personal appointments privately... ::)

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

if which case a regional rep could be elected to serve.

7. I cannot remember ever seeing any large org. that worked very well.

Cattleman, horse ranchers are no different.

But when you are dealing with most of the people having lower levels of education and lack of worldly ways. (such as the NTA not trappers) Then you toss in the individualism of artist and people who simply cannot add numbers (i.e. cheap hacks working for no wages and thinking they will make a killing.) that is exactly where you end up.

Next getting a member from each state for a board member, while it may sound great, would be fine if they would work. But they will not or for health reasons cannot. Then Your state member will not be available for the board meetings due to conflicts in scheduling.

Anyway that would or could be years and years down the road.

8. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

It's good that everyone is talking about this. BUT, in order for US, that meaning the taxidermy industry, to get our act together we must come together and agree on a means that would represent EVERYONE while being transparent. The problem that has been in the past is that someone that was hired by the "people" was in a position where the possibility of corruption was available and supported by members that could be influenced by perks to solidify their position. The current situation is simply a joke. We must fight to get to the bottom of all this and punish the ones that need it and award the ones that have pulled us from the rubble!! Fred and I were worried about "collateral" damage concerning Board members that have supported our cause. Unfortunately, some of these Board members have expressed their concerns in a less than favorable manner. So, it's a free for all and let's just see how the cards fall......

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I'm not......

I'm waiting for a change.....but I ain't holding my breath. The current NTA is not going to bow down to anyone.....and I believe that they are not worried about any legal action. I believe that they will always ensure that they have the numbers, after all, they are in charge of the votes. The membership will slowly drop ....... until...... the NTA is the same as today.... only the good 'old boys club will be ... just smaller.

I know quite a few taxidermists that are after the awards from the NTA Competition and are very unhappy with the NTA.... but their quest for the NTA awards supercedes what they believe is right.

:)

Kerby...

10. antlerman

Kerby, I don't understand so much your pessimism, But then again I do. For so long it's been the same old song and dance. So, I do understand, but I also KNOW that we are winning battles almost daily.

You will notice that yesterday the meeting for the 7th was cancelled. Know why?? Because the board is no longer swayed in Crain's direction. That is a victory for us. They were not going to win that vote to remove JJ.

You should also note that actions are being taken towards Archie concerning his actions. That will also take place soon. Another victory if you will, though I restrain from calling it that. It's a black eye for us. However, the needed affidavits are being gathered this weekend. Patience my friend.

You should also note Michael's post concerning the 50,866 misc Convention expense. That question will be answered, either voluntarily or in a court of Law.

As far as them having the numbers......we have made our nominations, we will have a representative present at the CPA office when the votes are counted. Will the NTA members vote? That we have no control over, but will be encouraging everyone to do so. I have a membership list and a campaign letter to be mailed. Care to help with the postage cost? If it doesn't work, it won't be because "we" didn't do our part. Currently the nominee's are working on their Bio's. Which have to be submitted by the 31st.

The research is all but completed for submission to the Attorney General. More on that as it develops. Have you submitted your name to Gregg Ielfield?

Also, Fred and Harry have their front they are working on and more on that will surface in the next couple of months. I can't and won't elaborate on that. Other than to say that once their action starts everything will be frozen in time.

Also know that the board is realigning, no more on that at this point either, but just know it is happening.

and also know that much is happening this weekend in PA. You will see posts made in the next week if possible to do so.

Otherwise, you just have to have a bit of faith and hope. If "we" fail, it will only be because the "Crains" are squeaky clean.

If you think that is the case, I have a bridge for sale.

As for now, just know JJ is the Pres of the NTA and everything that is needed to be done IS being done. There are so many people on so many fronts right now, I can't possibly keep everyone updated. But "we" are making headway in LARGE MONSTER steps.

To answer your statement about them bowing down........only time will tell, but I am in favor of giving them one opportunity to resign and come clean before all hell breaks loose. Once submitted, that opportunity will no longer exist.

11. Kerby Ross

Like I said......

Like I said, I hope there is change for the NTA in the future. But this reminds me of Sadam bragging about his weapons of mass destruction and when the U.S. wanted the UN Inspection to go and find them Sadam would not let them into his country for months. And then only allowed them to search certain buildings.....and guess what? They didn't find anything. Really? Seriously? And we accepted that? The joke was on us! Sadam won that one!

So here we have the NTA. If they are doing wrong, do you think they are going to just turn over? I think not. They will stall....oh wait, they have been doing that already for a couple of years. They are not going to give you the smoking gun....period. Think about it.

They (NTA) have "something" they cherish and will protect it. They have already "lawyered up"....is Mr. Patrick pro bono? I doubt it, so they will play the financial battle....

:)

Kerby...

12. antlerman

So here we have the NTA. If they are doing wrong, do you think they are going to just turn over? I think not. They will stall....oh wait, they have been doing that already for a couple of years. They are not going to give you the smoking gun....period. Think about it.

YOU are exactly right. They will NOT turn it over. If they were going to, the phones would already be ringing. They could walk away and I think most would agree to let them. But since that is not the case, it will then require Seal Team 6. ie the Attorney General and Fred and Harry's upcoming actions.

Pat Patrick did state that he was acting pro bono because in his words: The NTA is broke. However, the Crains do have private counsel with another firm. I doubt very seriously if that rep is pro bono. It could get very expensive for them. My question then becomes; are the other board members "Lawyered Up"? If not, expect the Crains to hang them all out to dry. Fred and Harry have both said that they were worried about collateral damage, to which many scoffed. I'm sure some board members will read this and scoff at it as well. But, the reality is; it is coming down and the Crains will protect themselves by saying they acted per the board and will leave the board holding the bag. The board has been had by the master. I will give Crain his due, he's good. But the board has acted foolishly and the collateral damage will be whatever it is.

13. Kerby Ross

My gut feeling....

My gut feeling is that the Crains still want control of the board that is why I think the whole election thing is suspect just by their proven track record. So a few board members walk, they will be replaced by Crainonites...and will still have their control. Just because you have nominated people from your side does not mean squat... unless you believe the elections are up front. I don't. It has been proven that they can put whomever they want in any board position, correct?

Kerby...

14. antlerman

History would say that...yes. We hope to rewrite history if at all possible. We have to try. It will be a pain staking task. I have the current membership list. I hope to be able to put in place some safeguards. I don't know if that's possible yet, but am going to try my best. Any suggestions are welcome.

15. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

The state representatives would not be board members or vote on anything. I would have no problem being a rep for our state and report to our membership about what is going on at the National level. Same as I would do for the UTA. It would give the larger organizations a "go to" person to get information to the masses.

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

How many are on it?

17. antlerman

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

The true backbone of the taxidermy industry is the state associations. A national organization has to answer to them, not the other way around. Regardless of where a national member comes from they originate from a local or state association. Any arrangement where a national organization makes decisions for the good of a state organization will fail. The fate of any national organization lays firmly in the hands of the states. As it should.

19. antlerman

Great concept. Now if we could just make it work.

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Ouch. That has to be getting close to more lifetime members than current dues-paying members.