1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey of the Month March 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by brettdef, Mar 6, 2013.

1. brettdef

brettdef Member

I want to thank all of you that posted pictures last month. There were not as many as I had hoped to see but maybe this will change soon. My wife and I got to go to Mexico and Hunt oscillated turkeys. We had a great time and if any of you ever want to go on an unbelievable hunt at a 5 star resort just give me a call and I will hook you up. This place was amazing and they had so many birds. Our group was killed out by the second day. I will post some pictures when I get some time and hopefully I will get to mount a bird or two in the near future that I can post as well. We have been really busy lately and haven't had a lot of time for the computer. I am off to the Ill state show this weekend and hopefully I will see some of you there. I would love to see some more pictures this month and When I get back from this weekends show I will try to post a few myself. I think the season will be starting soon in Fl and I am sure some of you guys down that way will be killing birds. Good luck to all of you with your hunts and good luck with taking lots of birds in this upcoming season.

If you need anything give me a call or pm me

Thanks

Brett D

2. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Here are two that just left. I need help taking better pictures, Using my parents $600 nikon and have no clue how to take a decent pic. I even bought the lights and umbrellas.. Well dont get many turkeys only one or two a year, These are like my 5th and 6th turkeys. I think they turned out pretty good
    [​IMG]

3. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

This one is a giant 12 inch bread 1.5 spurs and 24 pounds. Customer had it scored and it was the biggest recorded in our county, Didnt even know they had such a thing.
    [​IMG]

4. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Sorry about photo quality, taken with cell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Few more. The two Osceolas was from a competition I went to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Very inspiring work John. Incredible quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Aaron, thanks for the compliments, great birds yourself! I see things in your mounts that I would like to achieve in mine. That's what I like about these birds, im forever learning.

8. Aaron where did you purchase the plant with the yellow flower in it? Do you know the name of that plant? Thanks Rick.

9. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Rick

I buy them from Mckenzie, item number AH0035 for around $ 9.00

10. strutinh

strutinh Member

Nice work Birds only !! love the full strutt!!

11. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Aaron and Birds Only I with I could do turkeys half as good as you guys, just amazing Turkey Birds.

12. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

13. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Attached Files:

14. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    [​IMG]

here is my two from this weekend.. good work everyone. One more full mount to go ;D

15. very nice work everyone

16. tellis827

tellis827 Member

Nice work...

17. Congrat's to Chris Dischler (Nature's Own Taxidermy - Spring Green WI) on his WI State Champion Turkey

[​IMG]

18. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Awesome mount Chris!

19. lubystaxidermy

lubystaxidermy New Member

Im more of a deer guy but here is my second turkey I've ever mounted great looking pieces guys!

Attached Files:

20. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Attached Files: