1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

critique

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Spearfish, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

[​IMG]

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    groom hair down not back, other than that looks solid.

3. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

[​IMG]

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Eyes are not matching, I struggle with that still myself, but the mount looks like you have done this before.

5. tem

tem Well-Known Member

his right eye looks like its more closed than his lift. need to see close ups of his ears and eyes. side shots.

6. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

taking more pictures tomorrow. will post tomorrow evening

7. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

[​IMG]

8. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u647/spearfish69/Mobile%

9. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

[​IMG]

10. The back leg on your bobcat shuld be under his body more.

11. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

thats how that particular form was designed

12. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

[​IMG]

13. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

[​IMG]

14. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Bobcat looks oriental.. Check some reference.. and regardless how the form was made, that back leg needs fixed.. i

The first bucks right eye looks like it has more clay than the left side. and the top eyelid is down lower...

Keep up the good work :)

15. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

so, are you saying the left eye looks better than the right one

16. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

Looks Pretty Good from the pic's bud..!! Did you bondo the ears ? only reason why i ask is they look a little thicks from my view but still look good-base might have a hairline to much but again the pic might be showing it wrong..keep up the great work !!

17. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

One thing I do that helps is take a picture of the deer on day two or three and check the eyes and ear positions. You can usually pick it out better that way. The eyes are definitely different. Pick one and make the other look like it. Use a reference and you can sculpt each eye the same more accurately. On the bobcat the leg is definitely funky. The eyes do need adjusting also. The top lids need pulled down a bit, but you need to get a close up and compare each eye to the picture and then adjust each hair pattern/stripe on the bobcat's head. When I was at Rick Carter's I got the bobcat to where I usually stop for the day and thought I was done. Then he pulls out all these really close up pictures and we spend another 2 hours micro adjusting. We took before and after pictures and what a difference. When you use reference, don't just do an overall comparison, go detail by detail with close-ups.

18. The best critique you can get is from yourself. Get a reference picture of a live deer in the same position as yours (there are thousands) and compare. See the differance and adjust.

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The best critique would be from a competition judge, many judges in fact, you will learn more than looking at a photo.

20. Spearfish

Spearfish New Member

thank you everyone for the advice and compliments