1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Disassembling form to mount question

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Ed, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Ed

Ed Member

I have a McKenzie BC312 bobcat form which is a snarling one arm down and one arm reaching out position. the form came cut in half.My question is with a ventral incission is it usually necessary to detach one or both arms to mount the bobcat? Thanks Ed

2. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Do a test fit and the skin will tell you what you can do.

3. bowhunr

bowhunr New Member

Yes usually in order to get the head in easily it is...

4. somewhere on here a saw a life size cut mid section. i think it was george? anyway, he used a V cut that made it really easy to re-assemble while mounting, some adhesive and screws and done.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That's what I'd do. Maybe a deep "V" cut to remove the head and neck from the shoulder. Reattach the body with foam and the cut IT with a deep "V" as well. Snake sure the legs are open up to the knee joint. Install the head/neck. Flip the hide over the head(upside down). Put a dollop of 6 hour EPOXY in the female part of the "V". Slip the front legs in and align the "V". Use insect pins through the foam to hold it in place for the EPOXY to cure. Now flip the hide again and install the back legs like you did the front. Sew you incision. You MAY have to split the head between the ears to do the Warburg work.