1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Krow-Tan and Tide.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by rebel0895, Mar 9, 2013.

1. rebel0895

rebel0895 New Member

How important is it to use 'Tide' brand detergent when using Krow-Tan, can I just use another 'similar' brand to clean the hide after tanning? ???

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Im sure you can use what ever you would like.

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I'm not sure why it specifically calls for tide. But it's not like your saving tons of money by using an off brand. I figure if they specifically put it in their directions perhaps there might be a reason...

Sent from Rae's iPhone

4. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

I use blue dawn and it works just fine.

5. mikehurt88

mikehurt88 Member

I go to the Dollar Tree and buy the $1 jug of laundry detergent...I've only did 4 hides in Krowtann but I havn't had a thing happen to any of them by not using Tide.

6. rebel0895

rebel0895 New Member

Ok Y'all Thanks..No body in my household uses Tide and I never seem to remember until the last minute, so if there is no dramatic effect I'll use what I do my laundry in.

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i use what my wife gets at wally world. cant remember name. no problems for the past few years.

8. I do use tide, partially because everyone knows that it's mine for taxidermy. I'm sure it doesn't matter what brand you use once you've properly nuetralized the cape.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

This is good to know :) Cuz honestly Im allergic to Tide LOL Gives me the itches and makes my skin red...
    Sides I like the way cheer smells better anyhow LOL

10. Any laundry detergents I use are dye free and perfume free, including Tide. Helps a lot with skin reaction to the detergents. Also leaves less scent in washer/dryer for when I need to wash my hunting clothes with scent killer or whatever I found on sale similar.

11. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I follow the directions to the "T", to include tide. Haven't lost one yet, and don't want to take the chance. Tide isn't that expensive.

12. That's the way it is meant to be used. If something else works, great. The formula and directions are indeed fool proof, until someone wants to make something easy into something they can perfect. Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I use Gain, have for for 4 years.