1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Getting back into taxidermy, please critique

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by ffwaterfowl, Mar 9, 2013.

1. ffwaterfowl

ffwaterfowl New Member

Decided to get back into taxidermy, Im sure these mounts below have their share of mistakes, but hopefully you guys can get me going in the right direction, tips will be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alexm

alexm New Member

It's a dead bird hanging upside-down :)

3. kyle1

kyle1 New Member

First thing that jumps out to me on them are they look way to stiff. Let gravity take over dead mounts. The tails need to flow with the natural flow of the hanging bird. What I mean is the tail needs to bend to the right on these two birds. The off legs need to look more relaxed also and close your eyes almost half way shut. Scroll down thru this forum to the heading " question on dead mounts" this was just covered a day or two ago.

4. ffwaterfowl

ffwaterfowl New Member

Thanks for the reply! I will go play with them and see what I can do.

5. Tail feathers on red head need to be closed all dead birds tail feathers are closed, also your heads are turned the wrong way, the wing closest to the foot your hanging the bird from needs to be closed more, the other wing hangs down some overall not bad good luck

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

A dead bird's head seldom hangs straight with the neck but is slightly bent.

7. x2 George