1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #8 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by igor, Mar 11, 2013.

1. OOS

OOS New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. igor

igor Member

Thank you my friends for posting. RusTax, congratulations on your ribbons. Sure you deserve it. Very well done. Your crane is outstanding, so dynamic and well balanced. Love your herons! They are alive !!! But where is your woodcock? :)
    OOS, Great job! You made that piece very very presentable and, most important , salvaged the specimen. Kingfishers are fun to do but they get rotten fast around the beak and legs. I ate lots of s..t doing them. Your black grouses are handsome too. They are ready for a girl :)
    WA, I wish to have it too :)

3. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Oh, sorry ;D, that's it.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I see my mistakes, a lot of them, but I'm working on them, and still thank you, Igor :)

4. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

I love seeing all the different species! That Wigeon is awesome. I love the Snows and the Woodcock too. Heck, I like em all. First mount of the year for me. I'm looking forward to mounting a few until hunting season starts again. [​IMG]

5. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Nice birds everyone!

6. Igor very nice stuff! Good to have you hosting BOTW. I never post much but love to lurk on this thread! :) Rustax very nice stuff as usual too!

7. igor

igor Member

RusTax, that one is real one. Good Photoshop :).
    Jorlan, it sounds like taxidermy is you hobby but your bird looks very professional. Nice!
    Mike, you are very well known bird man, please post something to please all of us. You make incredible birds.

8. robolson

robolson www.frozeninflight.com

Man, these are some world class mounts this week! I don't have much finished this week because I've been moulding duck heads. Im hardly qualified for this but here's a lady Gadwall. Most of my customers want the flying birds...
    [​IMG]

9. babak

babak Active Member

amazing works every one!!what talented people are here!!Igor,Rustax,OOS,AND OTHER GUYS AND GALS!here is an immediate photo of what I've mounted few days ago,not perfect but for first not bad i think!freaking funny habitat i have to use,because there is no supplier here.unfortunately,recently Iranian government has escalated prohibitions on web sites access,so i am not able to see many of photos of you guys.photo upload websites are strongly banned and blocked ,furthermore anti filtering websites doesn't work though!
    [​IMG]

10. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Here's a couple from me... a mallard black cross and the only ruddy I've ever mounted, thought he was cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

I can't stop looking at that Ruddy. Smooth work.

12. igor

igor Member

Cool looking birds!
    Rob, your lady is cute and very flirty :eek: Way to go !
    Babak, you are sure moving from novice category to professionals. Good job on a difficult bird. Keep going.
    Ryan, your ducks are so smooth. I personally don't like any hybrids to keep for myself but would take yours ;)
    Thank you for sharing.
    Keep keep keep coming!!!!!!!!!!

13. 1st blue goose ive ever mounted

Attached Files:

14. babak

babak Active Member

thank you for compliments Igor,it's a great honor hearing such kind words from a great taxidermist.here is my last work ,i put it together last night and today i made dirt and habitat,sorry for pins and cards .i used real head as always and carved foam body.

[​IMG]

another view
    [​IMG]

15. igor

igor Member

I am so glad to see everyone posted here , and especially a beginner.
    Bryar, it is not bad for your first one. With learning and practice you will get a nice results. Watch instruction videos, study references and keep mounting. You will be very good soon.
    Babak, you significantly improved your washing technique. Feathers are much cleaner now and overall the anatomy is BETTER.
    Weekend is coming :) I hope more of you, bird people , can find a few minutes to share your pictures with us.

16. babak

babak Active Member

Igor,nothing has changed ,just i washed my towel!!!LOL!! :))

17. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

:)

Attached Files:

18. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Attached Files:

19. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Attached Files: