1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by RTB, Mar 11, 2013.

1. RTB

RTB New Member

USA
    fox

2. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Re: Northern Gray Fox

I think your coyote hat is on too tight.

3. Re: Northern Gray Fox

I thought the same thing.

4. sittinpretty

sittinpretty New Member

I usually spell grey fox with a E instead of with an A. U might want to fix that before ur head gets to big. At first glance I thought it was a grey squirrel with lip stick

5. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah

The tail looks twisted too me and there looks like theres a lump towards the rear by the hind legs on the back. Good job though

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

6. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

No body will be able to give you any "realistic" feedback with just one small pic. We need larger pics of various angles and close ups. Right off the bat the tail sticks out. And why did you choose to put in on that base? why not make something nice for it to set on?

7. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

that stick does not make the mount look realistic... it looks off balance.

8. Re: Northern Gray Fox

This thread is not getting the attention is deserves. Many timeless, classic lines here...

This one is my favorite. I laughed all night. My fiance thought I was nuts...

Then you brought it home with this beauty...

Dude, I don't know if you're intentionally funny or not, but this thread is cracking me up. That fox mount looks like there's some potential there. Definately far from the worst mount I've seen posted here. Lose the stick, and listen to the guys that know what they area talking about.

By the way, your avatar reminds me of someone....

[​IMG] ;D

9. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

hahaha!! this is great!!

10. Re: Northern Gray Fox

Yeah lose the stick, but I like the face because it's got that happy Chihuahua I'm glad your home look.

11. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

"elite"???? Seriously friend, check your hat.

12. sittinpretty

sittinpretty New Member

When I didn't think it could, it just keeps getting better and better

13. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

10/4 Big Shooter, over & out.

14. sittinpretty

sittinpretty New Member

Yep u do just keep looking better and better. I didnt know the correct spelling and still don't. I was just giving u a hard time just like the squirrel comment. I'll put it to u like this so u might understand. U keep calling out people on their work and making it seem that your work is clearly better than theirs, but clearly its not. For some odd reason u don't see it but everybody else does. If u truly want a critique on your work and want to learn something at the same time, then take some closeups of your fox. If u want to go around and call people out on their work than do it, but I think u are in for a humbling experience. I have a feeling and its just a feeling that I know why u took a picture of ur fox from 20' away. This is a place to learn and get better at what u like to do. A lot of people will help u and teach u new things, but u have to listen. That's all, I'm out too, but I might peek in a time or two for a good laugh

15. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

this has to be a joke I'm assuming...you know justin would run circles around you right? have you ever seen his work???

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

You don't have to be a small mammal expert to see that that fox mount has some issues, especially around the tail and pelvis area.
    If it's bad enough that it jumps out at ME, then ... well ... it's not all that great. I do like the face, though.

17. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

My sincerest apologies, I didn't realize you posted this several days ago. Wish I could have been first to reply..

I see others have beat me to it. ;)

18. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

RTB,
    I know I promised to stay at the kids table so I'll make it quick....
    It's not too late. The convention and competition is next week. You can still register on the 20th. Bring a couple pieces. Great group of folks.

19. cyclone

My guess is that he's much, much too busy to bother.

20. cyclone

Oh, believe me, no apologies necessary. I think everyone knows where you are coming from..

BTW Hatman, what is so "Au Naturel" about your fox?