1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Unusual Client Request / Coyote wall hanger with head installed.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by frehtaxi, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Last fall a client brought in this coyote to be tanned for a wall hanger, then he said he wanted a head put in it.
    I showed him rug shells etc. but he just wanted a head so I took an old shoulder mount form I had and cut the head off. Grumbling to myself the whole time, but now that its done I think it is kind of cool.

Attached Files:

2. I'm glad to see that worked out for you - I actually had a client bring me a pair of coyotes shot the same night, from the same stand, with bow, that he wanted "something different" done with. He didn't want to pay for full body mounts or rugs, so he asked if I could do a "wall hanger with the head done like a rug" - exactly like you did.

Who did the soft tan for you? If you could point out any other gotchas you ran into I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

looks just like a closed mouth rug shell to me....came out good...

4. I like it. It'll be a conversation piece I'm sure.

5. AJH

AJH Member

Good Job. Looks half dead and half alive. LOL. In the end it's all about pleasing the guy that's holding your paycheck.

6. Did a Bobcat for a customer the same way. didn't want a rug just a wall hanger with a open mouth, easy and good money.