1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tuff Buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skulley, Mar 15, 2013.

1. This buck was attacked by a lion and managed to throw it off. No pics of the cat but lots of trail cam pics of this buck before and after. His nose looks like a lip, you could put a nose ring through it. When skinning this I took out 2 cups of that green guacamole looking yogurt paste, yummy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

Very nice! I really like how you did the scarring!

3. Thanks. He is not very pretty, but I did the best I could to make him look like he was.

4. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i like it. good job.

5. good looking deer

6. What did you use to make the scarring look so real?

7. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great job with the scarring

8. How about a close up of the nose area, looks awesome!

9. Lol. Up close his nose is nothing to brag about. The color is okay but the texture is lacking. The scars were built with apoxie clay, tooled textured and smoothed at the edges into the hair. I airbrushed with touchup white, flesh, blood red, dk. umber.

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

Nice work! Your battle wounds look great!

11. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Wow the scarring looks amazing.

12. So many attempts just don't make the grade, but THAT is what healing wounds look like!!! It makes me hurt just looking at them. Great job!

13. Hey thanks for all the replies, sometimes i may think something looks good, but it helps when others confirm that it does. working on that nose texture.