1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing Machine

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Illinoisbound, Mar 15, 2013.

1. I am tired of doing it the hard way. What would be the best fleshing machine for the money? I am leaning toward the Dakota V table top combo through McKenzie but I don't know if that is a good machine or not. Any suggestions!

2. Ok thanks. Would you recommend the floor or table top?

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I have a Dakota tabletop and agree. I like the machine and with a tabletop, you have somewhere to rest the hide so you're not holding it up and fleshing at the same time. This is if you have a big, heavy hide like a steer or bison.

4. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I agree with the Dakota Pro. Have one and love it. I would save your money on the table they sell in the catalog and build one of your own. Just my opinion though.

5. boarhunter67

I built my own. It was easy, and I have a lot of room for storage now. I can post a picture or describe it if you want.

6. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    X4 build your own, that way it can be at the right height. Also id put casters on it. I roll mine all over and use it for a work bench too.

Droid Baby!!!

Shut up and mount

7. You should build your table. I have a floor model EB machine. And yesterday I was thinning a water buffalo. My table is not large enough!!! You need at lest a 4ft x 4 ft table.

8. boarhunter67

Mine is 4x8 so I can have other things at the other end.

9. boarhunter67

Also, I coated my table with linoleum and it has a shelf 6" from the floor that makes it comfortable to prop my foot on and store stuff on.

10. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

Can a couple of you guys post some pics of your tables if possible?! Thanks!!

11. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

here's a good link ....
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,307275.msg2113146.html#msg2113146

12. boarhunter67

Here's mine. I take the fleshing beam off when shaving. I have the ear tool on it. The shelf below is for storage, but it's at a height that makes it comfortable to put one foot at a time up on it to rest. The fleshing wheel is at the height so I can lean my chest/shoulder against it. [​IMG]

13. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I personally love the Eager Beaver... :) Ya its a pricey bugger.. But I think its worth ever dime I paid..

Very easy to clean, easy to switch blades, adjustable guard... Over all Ive benn very pleased with it...

14. little elk

little elk Member

SD
    I looked at the Eager Beaver, however, I couldn't get any body to contact me regarding questions. I called Arlington Cape and was able to talk to Keith right away. That helped make my decision. Since buying the Cape Master any time I have questions I call and get answers as needed.