1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

mountable or no?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by spicywolf, Mar 16, 2013.

1. spicywolf

spicywolf New Member

2. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

It looks like it has some nasty slippage around the eye with the CITES tag. The other eye appears to be missing eyelid all together. There is also some nasty cut/slip around the nose area. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or money and would wait for a better quality pelt to come along.

3. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Try watching on this site. You'll know what you are getting is or can be mountable. Buy from reputable sellers.

4. Riverland

Riverland New Member

I'm only seeing one pic. And your looking at the inside of the head. With and experienced taxidermist unless it has been tanned for a long time it looks allright and is mountable. A lot of wolves are have minor Skinning issues and are easy fixes. Appears to be a small to med size with good hair.

5. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Who knows how long ago it was tanned, and there is slippage around the eyes and nose. Save up some more money and wait for a wolf that is fresh tanned and is said to be mountable by someone who knows. Look for alpinewildsheep on ebay, sometimes he has fresh tanned wolves that are mountable.

6. Lone Wolf AK

Lone Wolf AK Lone Wolf Taxidermy and Wildlife Artistry

There's no way to tell from that pic what condition it's in. Only the belly is shown, and the inside of the face. If you're really interested in it, contact the seller for more info and closeup photos.

7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Why buy from ebay when you can buy from reputable, verifiable sellers here?

8. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I agree that one eye looks bad... and the other seems to be missing eyelid like mentioned above..

There are so much better options, look to some of the good sellers on here..

Theres 10 pics below if you guys scroll down further on that link....