1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Man Who Eats Roadkills

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AMCTaxi, Mar 16, 2013.

1. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

http://youtu.be/OQvt-gxbq5E

Meet 73-year-old Arthur Boyt, notorious resident of remote Bodmin Moor in Cornwall, and connoisseur of cooking and eating roadkill - nothing is too far fetched or fanciful to end up on his plate. In this film we take a trip into Arthur's universe and learn how to cook a cracking badger casserole, as well as find out how best to prepare polecat meat before cooking...

"I ate a badger once that someone else had picked up because they wanted its skull. It was blown up like a horse on the western front and it smelt rather horrible. When I cut into it the flesh was green but nevertheless I persevered and stewed it. It made the house smell like the old fashioned mental hospitals used too, but boy it tasted delicious!"

2. Makes you wanna quit wasting your time at the grocery store. :) Oddly enough it made me hungry!

3. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

I just kept having smell flashbacks come to me as he described these various things. Also, the eternal question "can you eat a badger peen?" has finally been answered.

4. Allie

Allie Member

Yeah, to bad that was a female badger. Fun movie, thanks!

5. thanks for sharing this! fascinating.

6. Very nice. I like to pick up roadkill one of the things I look forward to.My first Mount was a roadkill.

7. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

I can deal with rotting flesh in person to an extent, but reading this made me a bit queasy. Think I'm gonna pass on the video, haha

8. That stewed badger head nearly turned my stomach - Just reminds me of boiling skulls to clean them!

9. Mink

Mink New Member

Interesting video, thanks for posting! Not sure I would eat a stewed badger head, although I have eaten the meat from squirrel, raccoon, and opossum that I've picked up fresh off the road. I even have a front license plate on my truck that says "Roadkill: It's What's for Dinner" !