1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Powder pigments

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by WV Aaron, Mar 17, 2013.

1. WV Aaron

WV Aaron New Member

Hi. I am new to fish taxidermy and really like the work of Rick Krane! If you see this post Rick your awesome and I hope to follow your footsteps and teachings. I own all, but a couple of the angler artistry dvds. I have pretty much everything I need to start, but as far as pigments go where can I find a lot of the colored pigments that are used in the dvds. I have the silvers and golds and such, but need the lime greens, magentas, chocholates and such. Any help such as a store, website or such to findthem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Might be...

If you have an art store in your town you can get most of it there. We have a nice art store in Prescott and they carry a lot of mediums...a lot.

:)

Kerby...

3. WV Aaron

WV Aaron New Member

The only art store in my town is a crafts 2000. Its a massive store and unbelievably they dont carry powder pigments!

4. torka

torka Member

Jo-Ann Fabrics has a good price on the Pearl-Ex powders. Look back 5 or 6 pages on the fish forum here, there was a discount code in one of the postings that pretty much covered the shipping for a complete set. Think they cost me around $40.00 for the complete set. The post had a link to Jo-Anns.

5. slater56

slater56 Member

Dick Blick or Misterart.com will have everything you need.

6. WV Aaron

WV Aaron New Member

Thank you for all your help and putting me in the right direction. I already have a huge set of pearl ex, I just needed some odd ball colors and it looks like those two websites might have what I need.

7. Some of the other things Rick uses are cosmetics and Pan pastels

8. Pearl Ex stopped making the duo blue/green and the duo green/yellow. If you can find some I would grab a couple of extras.

9. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Jillian sent me a message that Rick gets his pan pastels through amazon.com. If you go there there is place in there that sells the pastels in kits and individually. Goldleaf metallics through mister art.com

10. JWShadley

JWShadley New Member

I asked Rick the same question some time back, and he told me he usually gets his pan pastels from Jerry's Artarama. As a matter of fact, I am working on putting in an order with them myself.