1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Saving a screwed up 500 lb. hog

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by boarhunter67, Mar 17, 2013.

1. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Here's a pig that an outfitter cut majorly too short as you can see. I've talked to this hunting ranch before because it seems like every hide they send me is too short even though they run a hunting ranch and should know better. The last time I told them to leave me 6" behind the armpits. This one had the front legs and about 4" behind, but was missing quite a bit in the middle. Since I took the classes with Rick Carter, I hadn't had many pigs in, but now I got a bunch in all at once so I'm definitely putting what he taught me into practice. This isn't quite finished, but it's close. Thanks to Michael P.'s DVD I was able to save this 500 lb. boar with very little extra work and no extra sewing. I still have a lot to learn, but compared to before I took Rick's class my pigs are 100% better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Nice :)

3. Print them a huge diagram and laminate it, then they have zero excuse.

Good save

4. good save nice work

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Ditto on what John said and charging for your extra time, they should get the hint when the costs go up. Nice work and save!

6. Tony111

Tony111 New Member

hog looks great....it is a shame that a few wrong knife strokes in the field makes for so much extra work. Good job

7. Nice save, I like it...

8. fishhead64

fishhead64 Mount it right!

Great job!!

9. Nice save even though my heads going left and right at them pic's lol

10. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great fix