1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish pictures: Hoping to have more fish available soon...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I've had friends fishing my trophy bluegill and yellow perch pond pretty hard the last week as I pump it down a few feet to run a seine through it. It's been colder than a witch's tit in North Dakota (at least for March )but we taken out and relocated temporarily to another smaller pond at least 175 yellow perch in the just under 14 inch range. Bluegills will have to come out with the seine as they aren't as aggressive in the just above freezing water temps. This has got to be one of the coldest March's I can remember with local lakes still having ice on them.

Thought I'd share some fish pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

More pictures. Can you spot actor Jack Nicholson?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

GORGEOUS perch Cecil. How big are you hoping to get them before harvest? You have some mighty lucky friends to get to help you catch perch that big. We've got 12-18" of ice on all lakes up here!

4. CraigW

CraigW Member

I dont see Jack, But that first guy sure resembles Merle Haggard the country music star
    Damm nice fish too.

5. Very nice fish you have Cecil. I will have to buy some from you sometime. I wanted to last month to get one ready for the MI show next this week but had no time for a comp piece this year.

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I won't sell anything under 14 inches Perca. I may not not sell many perch this year for that reason but next year at this time there should be lots of 14 inch perch.

The friends don't mind at all especially since the lakes are ice covered but not safe to fish. One of the guys above is even a retired northern regional supervisor of the Indiana DNR that was happy to catch perch in the sizes I have. I'll have him out for the big trout harvest the fall after this one.

7. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Now that looks like a male bluegill. Nice fish!

8. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice fish......hog city.........

9. lET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SOME SMALLMOUTH BASS READY.SHIPPED TO 50125

10. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

those perch look like footballs!

11. Cecil, You have some very nice Gills and Perch for sure!
    Shown below is a Bluegill I got from you earlier this winter. Molded and cast from a excellent specimen.
    Let me Know if you get any 11" or 12" Bluegills...would love to get one from you!

Oh yea....Jack is wearing the purple shades...of course 8)

Attached Files:

12. tracy

tracy coon dogs

very nice looking cast
    [ quote author=Dondi link=topic=336123.msg2288165#msg2288165 date=1363685694]
    Cecil, You have some very nice Gills and Perch for sure!
    Shown below is a Bluegill I got from you earlier this winter. Molded and cast from a excellent specimen.
    Let me Know if you get any 11" or 12" Bluegills...would love to get one from you!

Oh yea....Jack is wearing the purple shades...of course 8)
    [/quote]

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm giving up on the smallies like I did the largemouths. I got them to grow out and sell to Bass Pro Shops but they backed out. Just like the largemouths it takes too long to get them to really large size. I'm selling my brood stock live to a pond owner down by Louisville.

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Yep! Only 9.5 inches but well over a pound.

15. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

There's always next year as they will be even bigger.

16. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words. You'll be the first to know if I have any 11 inches or over.