1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #9 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by igor, Mar 18, 2013.

1. I really like the greenwings. Nice job

2. A rough canvasback for me, he was apparently pretty rough on his flight feathers, he had quite a few feathers broken off.
    [​IMG]

3. igor

igor Member

What a great day today. So many nice looking birds in here!
    Milo, cum viat,a , prietene? I am watching your progress over last two years ( may be little bit less). Every time you are getting better and better and better! Foarte bine!
    Bgundog, it is nice and very dead one :) Good work.
    Ryan, oh , what a gallery! Alive or dead ... all looking good. These little boogers are really coming... fast.
    Ntxwaterfowl, I never had a chance to have a good specimen without pinfeathers. Are they always moulting ???:). Well done!
    All this impressive work makes me feel that I need to do a duck instead of a warbler tomorrow. So inspiring!
    Thanks everyone for sharing

4. Being in Texas has its advantages, mainly that our birds are generally pretty well feathered out by late season, but Cans seem like they always have some holdouts. This Can though wasn't as "white" on the wings and back as they generally get. Ironically I just got in probably my niceset specimen of a Canvasback and it is one I am remounting. I wish I could have recieved him fresh! ::)

5. igor

igor Member

No one is posting today :(.
    Then I have to put something . A duck I have mounted this am. Sorry about pins and tape . Still need to groom it better . I love harlies :)
    and woodies ...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

6. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

wow,
    love2bhntn, that woody is first class,
    Milo, seems, that you have had a good hunting season and made some good looking mounts of your kills,
    bgundog35, like your pintail very much, would be nice to see a bigger photo,
    Ryan, wonderful collection of ducks, lovely gwt´s and fantastic wigeon,
    ntxwaterfowl, have never had a can but hope, when I get one any day, that it will come out good like yours
    igor, what shall I say, you make me feel like a beginner, if you have nothing more to do and you are coincidentally in Germany, I will give you the chance for bed and breakfast to do those birds for my collection, that I am angry to do ( lol ), great job,

Rainer

7. Wow Igor, those birds are beautiful. A harly is such a dream duck for me, my ultimate hunting dream is to someday go on a hunt for one.

8. winston

winston Member

Again every one great looking birds , Igor really nice woodie and harlie, sorry for my small photos i just have been taking pics with my i phone, so when i try to attach a larger photo it wont let me , I am tech challenged Ha !

9. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

That's some amazing work igor!!!

10. igor

igor Member

Thank you guys for your compliments :)
    But ... where are your birds ;)
    ?

Attached Files:

11. Samson

Samson New Member

finally! the flamingos from hell were picked up by the customer yesterday, i could not get any better pictures with my crappy camera, sorry.
    I'm soooo happy they're out the door ;D ;D

Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

12. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

igor your hummingbird and Karin your flamingos are great.
    Karin, I remember when you showed us photos of them when putting out of the freezer after years, you did a fantastic job,

Rainer

13. Samson

Samson New Member

yess Rainer, they were beauties then ;D
    Karin :-*

Attached Files:

14. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

A lot of people would have found that pile of feathers and feet very intimidating Samson. You did a great job on them!!

15. igor

igor Member

Karin, those birds look super!

16. babak

babak Active Member

nice birds Karin,what kind of incision did u use for them??foot to foot,eh?

17. Samson

Samson New Member

thank you all for the kind words.
    this birds were pretty much freezedried after nearly 20 years in the freezer. i injected warm water into the wingtips, skull and feet, then let them sit a hour and then skinned the head from the chin as for froward as it would go. the birds were skinned with a normal belly-cut . to remove the tendons in the legs i had to cut under the foot and at the middle of the legs and pull them out with pliers. the body is a foamblock with the right size bird body wrapped around it with woodwool. the neck was the most awful thing, so thin like my finger :eek: i had to wrap plastic foil around the neck to slide the skin on. on the bigger bird, the feet were 83 centimeter long :eek:
    i will happily never make one again ;D ;D

Greetings, Karin

18. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Outstanding job on those Flamingos!! I am afraid that pile of feathers would have ended up in the dump if it were me, Don't seem to have the patience anymore for that, LOL!!
    Here is my only bird for the week as I am still playing carpenter for now. Keep up the good work everyone and keep those inspirations coming.

[​IMG]

19. igor

igor Member

Wolfgang ,your woodies and mandarins always amaze me. They are gorgeous. This one is a truly show piece.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. Beautiful Woody!